Odroid C2 + Cogent.design heatsink/case combo

Guides and tutorials for various stuff. Posted by DietPi users.
mhoney

Re: Odroid C2 + Cogent.design heatsink/case combo

Post by mhoney » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:36 pm

Hello all,

We are getting ready to make another run of Odroid-C2 cases and I was wondering what you guys think about adding an opening to the bottom of the case that lets you change out the EMMC card without having to unscrew the lower half of the case? It would have to be a pretty big opening which would take away from the protection the bottom provides so I want to get some input before we do this.

Thanks,

Marc

k-plan

Post by k-plan » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:57 pm

Hi Marc,

great idea! Have you a picture or drawing from the new case?
mrneilypops wrote: It would have to be a pretty big opening which would take away from the protection the bottom provides
Hmm ... I personally would prefer a sunk-in lid or cap on it, which will be fixed with one screw or better magnets.
Or slide-in the EMMC in the lid/cap to fix EMMC module and so the snap-in EMMC board connectors will hold on the lid/cap.

cu
k-plan
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal and Bitcoin.

mhoney

Post by mhoney » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:18 pm

We now have a prototype design change ready for the Odroid-C2 so that the EMMC can be accessed without removing the case bottom. Please take a look and let us know if this is something we should move forward with or just stick to the original design.

Thanks,

Marc
2017-01-03 09.51.28.jpg
2017-01-03 09.51.20.jpg

Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:38 pm

mhoney wrote:We now have a prototype design change ready for the Odroid-C2 so that the EMMC can be accessed without removing the case bottom. Please take a look and let us know if this is something we should move forward with or just stick to the original design.

Thanks,

Marc
Hi Mark,

Looks perfect from here. Good amount of room on the left of EMMC for finger release, and, plenty of room to align and attach the EMMC.
Great stuff! :D
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.

nwcatalyst

Post by nwcatalyst » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:45 am

I like it! When will it be avail?

guarddog

Post by guarddog » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:04 am

I think it looks great, this is one of the only aluminum cases I have seen that have vent holes. Most seem to have the case to transfer out heat from the processor but trap all other heat inside.

I'm interested in a few of these (maybe 3 or 4) of this version or the old version, am waiting for them to come back in stock online.

mhoney

Post by mhoney » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:36 pm

Odroid C2 cases are back in stock at http://cogent.design with a new design that makes the eMMC accessible without taking apart the case.

Although we only offer the standard non-anodized version on the website (http://cogent.design), you can get a black anodized version for $5.00 extra by contacting me either through the Contact Us button on our homepage or by emailing me directly via mhoney(at)cogent.design. Just mention you saw the special offer available from the DietPi forum.

Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:17 pm

mhoney wrote:Odroid C2 cases are back in stock at http://cogent.design with a new design that makes the eMMC accessible without taking apart the case.

Although we only offer the standard non-anodized version on the website (http://cogent.design), you can get a black anodized version for $5.00 extra by contacting me either through the Contact Us button on our homepage or by emailing me directly via mhoney(at)cogent.design. Just mention you saw the special offer available from the DietPi forum.
Excellent, thanks Marc, appreciate it!
$5 extra for black is worth every penny, looks awesome on the Pine A64 case :)

mariareese

Post by mariareese » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:40 am

nice list of unique features it has.. where do I get this?

djjerdog

Post by djjerdog » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:35 am

Any interest in making a case for the C2 that supports the 3.5" display?

Something more sturdy than this: http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products ... 7459332340