Ubooquity Update Topic is solved

Suggestions for features and software you would like to see in DietPi, goes here.
Mr.Roboto

Ubooquity Update

Post by Mr.Roboto »

Hey guys,
I don't have/want a GitHub account, so I just wanted to say say: Ubooquity installs out-of-date version 2.1.1. Version 2.1.2 can be downloaded from their website:
http://vaemendis.net/ubooquity/static2/download
Any chance to add this version to DietPi? It's working fine, but manual updating sucks. :)
Joulinar

Re: Ubooquity Update

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,

many thanks for your request. I will talk to the developer to have the jar file uploaded to our install server.

>> Version 2.1.2 - 14 october 2018
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

Update done: https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/pull/3605
Also with current DietPi the new version will be installed now as it has been replaced on our server.
superturrican

Post by superturrican »

My Ubooquity still says v6.1.1 on the About page, and there's a banner at the top informing me that a new version is available, but dietpi-update changes nothing - the same 6.1.1 version is still there after the "update".
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

DietPi-Update usually does not include software updates, only APT packages and the ones where an important security or compatibility change needs to be applied. To update Ubooquity, force a DietPi-Software reinstall:

Code: Select all

dietpi-software reinstall 80
I'll add this information to our online docs (and the new documentation site): viewtopic.php?p=12969#p12969