2FA over ssh

Suggestions for features and software you would like to see in DietPi, goes here.
cocoflan

2FA over ssh

Post by cocoflan »

Tested it and works well with the non standard ssh server (dropbear) so openssh server i used. i guess great to make use of!!

https://www.comparitech.com/blog/inform ... ssh-login/

Only i can not get xwin software run from terminal.

WarHawk

Re: 2FA over ssh

Post by WarHawk »

Interesting...thanks

Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Yep indeed it's working fine with openssh. I guess on dropbear some other files would need to be adjusted to enable google authenticator
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team

cocoflan

Post by cocoflan »

contacted the developers of dropbear, this is what they say about 2FA:

Sorry, there isn't any way to do 2fa, unless you have some PAM module that expects "password-2FApart" combined into one password response.

Cheers,

Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Thx for checking. Looks it will not be possible with dropbear, unless they will will support the required PAM modules.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team

Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

One thing in addition guys. I checked 2FA together with OpenSSH SFTP. Used WinSCP as Client and YES it was working as well. So a pretty cool thing 8)