REQ SyncThing

Suggestions for features and software you would like to see in DietPi, goes here.
artic

REQ SyncThing

Post by artic »

Hi, What do you think about add Syncthing? it's a opensource alternative to Btsync ;)
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: REQ SyncThing

Post by Fourdee »

artic wrote:Hi, What do you think about add Syncthing? it's a opensource alternative to Btsync ;)
Hi,

Many thanks for the suggestion.
I've personally never heard of it, but looks interesting. Added to a git ticket :) https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issues/422
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
johnvick
Legend

Post by johnvick »

It's good and much easier to setup than BTSYnc. I have it running on an XU4, manually installed.
joaofl

Post by joaofl »

I would also suggest it. Using it for many year, very happy with their evolution.

Also installed it manually, and found a daemon script to it. It can be processing consuming during boot, but we set low priority to it and works smooth.

/etc/init.d/syncthing script for Raspberry Pi (or any Ubuntu/Debian)

https://gist.github.com/arudmin/5a13e9105814c3f568ec
Sipador

Post by Sipador »

+1 from me. Currently using it on my DietPi Pine64, it's pretty good. Uses a max of 35% CPU and barely any ram. Would be nice to have it part of the software list.
johnvick
Legend

Post by johnvick »

Sipador wrote:+1 from me. Currently using it on my DietPi Pine64, it's pretty good. Uses a max of 35% CPU and barely any ram. Would be nice to have it part of the software list.
It is now on the list and installs syncthing-inotify which make it run more efficiently.

John
Sipador

Post by Sipador »

johnvick wrote:
Sipador wrote:+1 from me. Currently using it on my DietPi Pine64, it's pretty good. Uses a max of 35% CPU and barely any ram. Would be nice to have it part of the software list.
It is now on the list and installs syncthing-inotify which make it run more efficiently.

John
Ah thanks John :)
inspector71

Post by inspector71 »

+1