REQUEST: Mail Server

Suggestions for features and software you would like to see in DietPi, goes here.
marcdraco

REQUEST: Mail Server

Post by marcdraco » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:39 am

Now this might seem a little far out - but I'd since DietPi has become the server distro for SBCs*, it seems a shame that there is no mail server option. This is, currently, the only thing I have to outsource and while I don't mind doing that, I do find it a bit of a drag.

Clearly there's a risk with running your own mail server (if it breaks for example) so it's better to have two, but Pis are not exactly expensive or costly to run. Plus there's the PITA for having to set up DNS for the mail exchanger and you need a fixed IP but none of these things are insurmountable.

There's a particularly interesting one designed by some former CERN people called Proton Mail (can't imagine how they came up with that) that's also open source - and secure end-to-end which may be worth a look. Of course, there are a number of other options, so far be it from me to lecture Daniel! :)

* It's hit DistroWatch now, so I hope people will send it some love and get it on the main page.

Lucannus

Re: REQUEST: Mail Server

Post by Lucannus » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:25 pm

If iRedMail and DietPi could get together, i think that would be a match made in heaven! Quick easy email server deployment.

I currently use Mailu through docker.

mujkar4e

Re: REQUEST: Mail Server

Post by mujkar4e » Sun May 20, 2018 1:44 pm

It would a great feature. I used this tutorial to create a mail server with raspbian lite strech: https://www.tecmint.com/install-postfix ... in-debian/