[Solved] Deluged not starting properly at boot.

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
ben61694

[Solved] Deluged not starting properly at boot.

Post by ben61694 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:21 pm

Is there any way to prevent deluged from starting on boot? Whenever it does from whatever DietPi does, it shows as offline untill I do

sudo pkill deluged
deluged

to restart the service. I tried deleting /etc/systemd/system/deluged.service but that only removes it from displaying in htop, trying to run deluged shows that the port is still taken. I still have to kill it and run it again. How do I fix this issue?

Speaking of startup at boot, where is the actual location of items starting at boot so I can choose to enable/disable them?
Last edited by ben61694 on Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: Deluged not starting properly at boot.

Post by Fourdee » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:08 pm

Hi,

To disable control of services with DietPi, please see the following online doc:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5&p=5393#p5393
to restart the service. I tried deleting /etc/systemd/system/deluged.service but that only removes it from displaying in htop, trying to run deluged shows that the port is still taken. I still have to kill it and run it again. How do I fix this issue?
I was unable to replicate any service issues with deluged in local testing. Do you have any other software installed on the system, and, which DietPi version used?
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal and Bitcoin.

ben61694

Re: Deluged not starting properly at boot.

Post by ben61694 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:15 am

I reinstalled deluged and that seems to fix it. I had moved my old Deluge files from my Rpi3 so I'm guessing one of the files I moved over was specific to my old installation and was causing me troubles.