Dietpi with Rapsberry pi 3 Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
Post Reply
shlagwuk

Dietpi with Rapsberry pi 3

Post by shlagwuk »

Hello,
I'm a new user of dietpi (2-3 weeks) with a raspberry pi 2. I'm very pleased so far with this distribution!

I tried yesterday to boot my new raspberry pi 3 with the same SD card: no luck. The green led goes blinking (4 long bips, 4 short bips, 1 seconde pause and so on…). I tried with a fresh install of dietpi on another SD card, same problem.

It doesn't come from the pi: I tried with a fresh install of raspbian lite, and it's working well!

Any idea what I can try?
User avatar
k-plan
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:28 pm

Re: Dietpi with Rapsberry pi 3

Post by k-plan »

Hi shlagwu,
shlagwuk wrote: I tried yesterday to boot my new raspberry pi 3 with the same SD card: no luck.
The same image one the same SD Card, as you used in RPi2? Which version? Jessie or Wheezy?

For RPiv3 where is a new image (only Jessie - 2016-03-03 13:15 119M ): https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issues/216
Have you tried this?
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal and Bitcoin.
shlagwuk

Re: Dietpi with Rapsberry pi 3

Post by shlagwuk »

Hi!
k-plan wrote:Hi shlagwu,

The same image one the same SD Card, as you used in RPi2? Which version? Jessie or Wheezy?
first try: same image on the same SD card (Jessie)
uname -a: Linux DietPi 4.1.14-v7+ #4 SMP PREEMPT Fri Dec 11 14:48:01 EST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux

second try: freshly burnt Jessie on another SD card. Same problem (green led blinking 8 times)
User avatar
Fourdee
Site Admin
Posts: 2787
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Dietpi with Rapsberry pi 3

Post by Fourdee »

shlagwuk wrote: second try: freshly burnt Jessie on another SD card. Same problem (green led blinking 8 times)
Hi shlagwu,

I believe this indicates the RPi3 firmware/boot loader is missing from /boot. This would suggest you are writing the older DietPi image.

Please make sure you are using the updated image. Use this direct link to download the image, then write again to SD:
http://goo.gl/EsIvUp

If problems persist with the updated image, please let me know.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
shlagwuk

Re: Dietpi with Rapsberry pi 3

Post by shlagwuk »

Fourdee wrote:
shlagwuk wrote: second try: freshly burnt Jessie on another SD card. Same problem (green led blinking 8 times)
Hi shlagwu,

I believe this indicates the RPi3 firmware/boot loader is missing from /boot. This would suggest you are writing the older DietPi image.

Please make sure you are using the updated image. Use this direct link to download the image, then write again to SD:
http://goo.gl/EsIvUp

If problems persist with the updated image, please let me know.
Well… i had two folders: DietPi_RPi-(Jessie) (1) and DietPi_RPi-(Jessie). Guess wich one I used ? :roll:

Working great now, thanks for the help! ;)
User avatar
Fourdee
Site Admin
Posts: 2787
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Dietpi with Rapsberry pi 3

Post by Fourdee »

shlagwuk wrote:Well… i had two folders: DietPi_RPi-(Jessie) (1) and DietPi_RPi-(Jessie). Guess wich one I used ? :roll:

Working great now, thanks for the help! ;)
Hehe, trust me, i've done the same thing myself many many many many.... times :lol:
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
Post Reply