Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:28 pm
23 March 2019
- - -
Changes / Improvements / Optimizations:
- Security | The DietPi-Software global password is now stored with enhanced security which also resolves a warning on Buster systems:
- System | DietPi scripts now use the lightweight standalone "7zr" command to handle 7z archives.
This allows us to lower the DietPi core package dependency from "p7zip-full" to "p7zip".
- RPi | DietPi does not set or change "framebuffer_depth" in config.txt any more which defaults to 16 which works in every known case.
It will be re-added as fast as we find a case where another value is required.
- DietPi-Banner | You can now customise which options to display during system login.
These include CPU temps, WAN IP, free disk space and more! Simply run 'dietpi-banner':
- DietPi-NordVPN | Added sent/received usage stats for VPN tunnel.
- DietPi-Sync | Sync will now abort if the source directory is empty.
Merged dry run into real sync, as this was performed anyway to do required free space check.
When "Sync" is selected, after dry run the user is presented a summary and given the option to view the detailed dry run log, cancel or continue with real sync.
Some other minor fixes and enhancements have been applied as well.
Many thanks to @midnightwatcher for doing this request:
- DietPi-Software | Emby Server: Now installs the latest version automatically (currently 4.0.2) which as well offers a native ARMv8 package:
- DietPi-Software | WireGuard: Switched from 10.8.0.0 to 10.9.0.0 IP addresses on fresh installs to avoid doubled IP range use with OpenVPN.
Many thanks to @XRay437 for pointing this out:
https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issu ... -461366739
- DietPi-Software | WireGuard: Changed the way users are advised to add multiple clients, to enhance concurrent connections.
Many thanks to @curiosity-seeker for reporting and testing this issue:
https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issu ... -462419860
- DietPi-Software | WireGuard: Hardened Debian Sid repo handling on RPi to prevent accidental non-WireGuard package installs.
Many thanks to @rucknapucknavitz @1985kasper and @g7kse for reporting this issue:
https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issu ... -465725312
- DietPi-Software | GMediaRender: Enabled support for Debian/Raspbian Buster by using the up-to-date APT repo package.
- DietPi-Software | Aria2: Tweaked settings to enhance 3rd party plugin support and removed deprecated/doubled entries.
Many thanks to @msongz for the commit:
- DietPi-Software | UrBackup: Now installs updated version 2.3.7.
Many thanks to @DeathIsUnknown for the information:
- DietPi-Software | Deluge: Reworked the installer to better match the Debian package defaults and recommendations/examples from official docs.
Deluge now runs as user "debian-deluged", logs have been moved to "/var/log/deluged/" and the init.d service with its traces are removed, which are all pre-generated by the Debian APT package.
The systemd units have been adjusted according to the official Deluge documentation. These changes are applied as well to existing installs during DietPi update, the old user "deluge" and obsolete configurations are removed. Your active configurations and data are preserved, the installer has been as well enhanced to better handle existing installs and never touch existing configs.
Note that access to the Deluge console has to be done as user "debian-deluged" (sudo -u debian-deluged deluge-console).
A related access issue to the console has been fixed by this as well.
Many thanks to @seanmikhaels for reporting this issue:
- DietPi-Software | AmiBerry: Updated to latest version (2.25), thanks @midwan:
- DietPi-Software | Netdata: On Debian Stretch/Buster and Raspbian Buster an up-to-date APT package is available, which will now be installed instead of our custom build.
Many thanks to @74cmonty for this information:
- DietPi-Software | DietPi-RAMlog: When installing/enabling RAMlog, the /var/log mount point will be now cleaned before mounting the tmpfs on it, while preserving the existing logs metadata. This resolves a warning on early boot stage and frees the disk space consumed by the disk log before.
- DietPi-Software | rTorrent: Runs now as user "rtorrent" and creates files as group "dietpi" with 775/664 permissions. Enabled Buster support and enhanced config file handling on reinstall:
- DietPi-Software | Plex Media Server: Now installs the latest version automatically (currently 1.15) which as well includes official ARM binaries.
Many thanks to @WolfganP for informing us about this new release:
- DietPi-Software | Nextcloud: Resolved an admin panel warning about missing ocm/ocs-provider redirects.
Many thanks to @minnux for reporting this issue:
- DietPi-Software | Allo GUI: Updated to version 13.
Provides for view the USB status and sound card status on DietPi Allo web GUI system status page.
Many thanks to @sudeep!:
https://github.com/sparky-sbc/sparky-te ... i-usbdebug
- System | Resolved an issue where /etc/bashrc.d entries could be run multiple times.
Many thanks to @jonare77 for reporting this issue:
- System | Resolved an issue where /etc/rc.local was not executed due to an incompatible legacy rc-local.service.
Many thanks to @Remonli for reporting this issue:
- DietPi-Config | RPi: Resolved an issue where I-Sabre-K2M sound card selection failed.
Thanks to @klasLiesen for reporting this issue:
- DietPi-Config | RPi: Resolved an issue where serial console must be disabled, for Bluetooth to function correctly. This is now done automatically during BT enable:
- DietPi-Config/Banner | Resolved an issue where wrong adapter state is shown if it is not connected but has an IP assigned.
Thanks to @msongz for reporting this issue:
- DietPi-Drive_Manager | Resolved an issue where RootFS RO would not remain during reboots.
Many thanks to @JBatSEEDLING for reporting this issue:
- DietPi-Software | XU4 + X11: Resolved various issues related to incorrect xorg.conf settings on this device. xorg.conf now used is installed automatically from Meveric's repo, which auto detects 3.x and 4.x kernel configuration and required settings automatically:
https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issues/2584 + https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issues/2351
- DietPi-Software | MineOS/Koel: Resolved an issue where installs on ARMv8 devices failed.
Many thanks to @DeathIsUnknown for reporting this issue and providing the solution:
https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issu ... -464097174
- DietPi-Software | GMediaRender: Resolved an issue where the daemon can attach to a wrong IP if multiple network devices are present. As well resolved a failing service start on fresh install if/as the log file does not yet exist.
Many thanks to @WilburWalsh for reporting these issues and providing the fix:
- DietPi-Software | OpenSSH Client: Resolved an issue where uninstalling the OpenSSH client will in case also remove the OpenSSH server.
- DietPi-Software | Emby Server: We disabled the install option on Jessie ARM systems.
This never succeeded since Debian Jessie does not provide the required minimum libc6 version.
Many thanks to @mbone for reporting this issue:
- DietPi-Software | Mopidy: Resolved issue with failed audio playback.
Many thanks to @arkhub for reporting this issue:
- DietPi-Software | WireGuard: Resolved an issue with wrong client DNS entry if 127.0.0.1/localhost loopback is used as DNS entry on server.
Many thanks to @swrobel for reporting this issue:
- DietPi-Software | WireGuard: Resolved an issue where on uninstall the Debian Sid repo was not removed from APT sources.
Many thanks to @XRay437 for reporting this issue:
- DietPi-Software | Java: Resolved possible install failures on ARM.
Many thanks to @WTFMaster for reporting this issue:
- DietPi-Software | Remot3.it: Resolved an issue where install failed due to Git repo changes. Additionally Remot3.it is now available on x86_64 and ARMv8 systems as well.
Many thanks to @techano for reporting this issue:
- DietPi-Software | Pi-hole: Resolved an issue where "pihole -up" fails because of wrong file permissions.
Many thanks to @jonare77 for reporting this issue:
- DietPi-Software | MPD: Resolved an issue with failed playback due to permissions.
Permissions are now set via systemd service to ensure the MPD user can use both dietpi and audio groups:
- DietPi-Software | Airsonic: Resolved an issue where during install the FFmpeg transcoder symlink could be placed wrong, leading to a failing Airsonic start.
Many thanks to @pecan_pie for reporting this issue:
- DietPi-Software | DietPi-RAMlog: Fixed an issue where logging mode could be set wrong when uninstalling and reinstalling RAMlog.
Many thanks to @abecvar for reporting this issue:
- DietPi-Software | rTorrent: Resolved an issue where the ruTorrent web UI could not connect to the rTorrent daemon. Many thanks to @Chester007 for reporting this issue:
As always, many smaller code performance and stability improvements, visual and spelling fixes have been done, too much to list all of them here. Check out all code changes of this release on GitHub:
- DietPi-Config | Enabling WiFi + Ethernet adapters, both on different subnets, breaks WiFi connection in some cases:
- DietPi-Config | RPi: Enabling OpenGL/VC4 causes sound card selection to be invalid:
- DietPi-Drive_Manager | encryptfs is currently not supported and will be removed from fstab when executing drive manager:
- RPi | LXAppearance (on LXDE desktop) hangs on dbus-launch:
- Odroid C2 | Some WiFi adapters do no work as hotspot:
- Odroid XU4 | Kodi freezes shortly on video playback:
- Rock64 | 3.5mm A/V jack is currently not functional:
- DietPi-Software | Node-RED: Pre-installed modules cannot be updated via web UI:
- DietPi-Software | Raspimjpeg: With Lighttpd, streaming mjpeg does not work: https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issues/1747
For all additional issues that may appear after release, please see the following link for active tickets:
- Donations / Support DietPi: | DietPi is a free product and relies solely on your donations for funding.
If you found DietPi useful and want to support future development, please click here to find out more.