Will DietPi work on the NanoPi R2S

Whats special about Armbian, I thought DietPi is as small as it comes. Aren’t all RPi distros ARM based anyway?

DietPi is not an own OS or destro. DietPi is a set of scripts on top of a base image. Depending on your SBC, different base images are used. We use Armbian, Mavaric, plain Debian and Raspberry OS.

No sorry, I’m out of ideas how to get that working on R2S.

On RPi, the Argon One script seems to setup a custom PWM control via GPIO pins, a Python script. That is above what I can help with. But as general debugging:

• The script ran through without any error?
  • The following command has been installed which might allow to re-configure the fan: argonone-config
  • And a service has been installed. Could you check it’s state and output:
systemctl status argononed
journalctl -u argononed

Oh, I thought DietPi is its own distro modified from Raspbian.

It’s a question where you draw the line from what an own distro/OS is. Relevant is that DietPi does no own kernel development, hence uses kernel packages from 3rd party developers (Armbian in case of NanoPi R2S) and that the core userspace packages are from the official Debian APT repository, not an own repository, similar like Armbian, Raspberry Pi OS 64-bit, Rabian and what all those manufacturer “OS’es” are named. Other than DietPi, Armbian and manufacturer images at least ship with own kernels (that’s the whole point of providing those at all, to make them booting on those particular SBCs), whether this makes them an own OS or not :wink:. We pick what we think is the best kernel, and apply the package composition, system tweaks and tools/scripts that make DietPi :slight_smile:.

Short question about R2S
There is a reset button that probably maps to a GPIO-port.
Any idea how I can get its state (pressed/released)?
Maybe somewhere in /dev/input/???

I like to write a script that after boot behaves different if the reset button is pressed or not.

Any ideas?

Generally, libgpiod can nowadays be used to get/set GPIO states:

apt install gpiod
gpioinfo
1 Like