Vaultwarden installation needs bigger swap file

Theoretically swap could be reduced. You can check usage over time by running

free -m

I see the free space on webmin, and is always full…

There is no way of working like before installing vaulwarden?

What do you mean by “you see free space in Webmin”. The command I have given is to watch the memory and swap usage and not the free space on file system.

You told me that with that command I can see the swap usage, and I told you that I usually see that through webmin dashboard.

But does not what I was looking.

What I told was to monitor the swap usage over time and if it is utilised. If it stays empty, you could reduce it.

I know, but I told you is always full… So I can’t delete it, and work as before just with RAM?

Your system is deciding based in ram usage if swap needs to be used. This has nothing to do with vaultwarden. It is simply the usage of your system. Can you share free -m. As well you could reboot your system and watch the usage afterwards.

As long as there is physical RAM available, the swap won’t be written to. The current swap usage is likely still from the vaultwarden build, when some rarely used data was swapped, and will be shifted back into physical RAM as fast as access triggers it. However, you can also remove the swap file again (given physical RAM is indeed sufficient for normal operation). It will be recreated once vaultwarden is reinstalled for updating it or so. free -m output indeed is all that is needed to check whether the swap is required for normal operation or not.