Update ownCloud to Ver 9.x

Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but I’ve seen in the latest patch notes that the ownCloud installation has been updated to version 9.x and, having updated (dietpi-update) my system to the latest, ownCloud has not updated, I’m still on 8.x.

Is there a way to update a specific piece of software? I’m sure I updated ownCloud on its own once, but I can’t remember what I did :cry:

Thanks for any help,

Tin

Hi Tim,

Only when installing from dietpi-software will v9 be installed.
We didn’t implement a patch for v8 to v9, so you will need to reinstall Owncloud with dietpi-software, or manually update Owncloud via their guides to v9.

If you reinstall with dietpi-software, your data will still exist in /mnt/dietpi_userdata, but the Owncloud MySQL database will be cleared. So a “file scan” within Owncloud would be required to rebuild its database.

Hi Fourdee,

Thank you, I’ll give it a try as soon as I can.

Sorry this is more ownCloud related than DietPi related, but will my data such as ‘ownCloud Users’ still be kept after reinstalling or do I need to back that up separately. As in, is it just /owncloud/data in /mnt/dietpi_userdata/owncloud_data or is /owncloud/config there too?

Sorry for all the questions! Can’t be said enough that DietPi is an incredible piece of work :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

https://dietpi.com/forum/t/owncloud-install-tips/499/1

This thread is how I update ownCloud.

Great stuff John, thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Thanks john, sorry for the late reply. I did try your method but ran into to trouble, ownCloud doesn’t like it if you skip major releases. I ended up deciding that since I don’t have a lot of data, to just start from scratch and clean install.

But thanks anyway, I learned a lot from trying your method :slight_smile: