The following packages have been kept back: ffmpeg

Nah, it has been running on bookworm for a few months now.

1 Like

I found a nice solution to prevent the conflicting package installs as well as enforce the install of the intended FFmpeg 5.1 packages from Debian Bookworm with a single APT pin. Live patch merged, so this should be offered to all RPi Bookworm users on next dietpi-update check or execution.

1 Like

I have apply new patch and run command to upgrade homeassistant. in the upgrading homeassistant system fail & following are the log shows

File "/tmp/pip-build-env-663zuh6a/overlay/lib/python3.11/site-packages/setuptools/_distutils/command/sdist.py", line 336, in _add_defaults_ext
          self.filelist.extend(build_ext.get_source_files())
                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        File "<string>", line 204, in get_source_files
        File "/tmp/pip-build-env-663zuh6a/overlay/lib/python3.11/site-packages/setuptools/_distutils/cmd.py", line 107, in __getattr__
          raise AttributeError(attr)
      AttributeError: cython_sources
      [end of output]

note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
error: subprocess-exited-with-error

Γ— Getting requirements to build wheel did not run successfully.
β”‚ exit code: 1
╰─> See above for output.

note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
root@rpi:~# `
File "/tmp/pip-build-env-mgixumnq/overlay/lib/python3.11/site-packages/setuptools/_distutils/core.py", line
β”‚ 201, in run_commands
β”‚           dist.run_commands()
β”‚         File "/tmp/pip-build-env-mgixumnq/overlay/lib/python3.11/site-packages/setuptools/_distutils/dist.py", line
β”‚ 969, in run_commands
β”‚           self.run_command(cmd)
β”‚         File "/tmp/pip-build-env-mgixumnq/overlay/lib/python3.11/site-packages/setuptools/dist.py", line 1234, in
β”‚ run_command
β”‚           super().run_command(command)
β”‚         File "/tmp/pip-build-env-mgixumnq/overlay/lib/python3.11/site-packages/setuptools/_distutils/dist.py", line
β”‚ 988, in run_command
β”‚           cmd_obj.run()
β”‚         File "/tmp/pip-build-env-mgixumnq/overlay/lib/python3.11/site-packages/setuptools/command/egg_info.py", line
β”‚ 314, in run
β”‚           self.find_sources()
β”‚         File "/tmp/pip-build-env-mgixumnq/overlay/lib/python3.11/site-packages/setuptools/command/egg_info.py", line
β”‚ 322, in find_sources
β”‚           mm.run()
β”‚ 551, in run
β”‚           self.add_defaults()
β”‚ 589, in add_defaults
β”‚           sdist.add_defaults(self)
β”‚         File "/tmp/pip-build-env-mgixumnq/overlay/lib/python3.11/site-packages/setuptools/command/sdist.py", line
β”‚ 104, in add_defaults
β”‚           super().add_defaults()
β”‚         File
β”‚ "/tmp/pip-build-env-mgixumnq/overlay/lib/python3.11/site-packages/setuptools/_distutils/command/sdist.py", line 251,
β”‚ in add_defaults
β”‚           self._add_defaults_ext()
β”‚         File
β”‚ "/tmp/pip-build-env-mgixumnq/overlay/lib/python3.11/site-packages/setuptools/_distutils/command/sdist.py", line 336,
β”‚ in _add_defaults_ext
β”‚           self.filelist.extend(build_ext.get_source_files())
β”‚                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
β”‚         File "<string>", line 204, in get_source_files
β”‚         File "/tmp/pip-build-env-mgixumnq/overlay/lib/python3.11/site-packages/setuptools/_distutils/cmd.py", line
β”‚ 107, in __getattr__
β”‚           raise AttributeError(attr)
β”‚       AttributeError: cython_sources
β”‚       [end of output]
β”‚
β”‚   note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
β”‚ error: subprocess-exited-with-error
β”‚
β”‚ Γ— Getting requirements to build wheel did not run successfully.
β”‚ β”‚ exit code: 1
β”‚ ╰─> See above for output.
β”‚
β”‚ note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.

@mail2rst where is the relation between your issue and the Debian package ffmpeg?

I have received the live patch notification - should I remove the previous pinning hacks before applying it?

When last time, I tried to upgrade home-assistant on my raspberry Pi-B2 (32 bit CPU & operating system) & system fail that time. that time it was mentioned it was due to ffmpeg/bookworm contradiction

. I have applied the hot patch now i think python 3.11 installed now home assistant is not working.