Squeezeboxserver (LMS) error, missing "IO::Socket::SSL"

Hi there

I notice issues, when installing/using Squeezeboxserver (LMS).
Installed the server on a Z83-F and a Raspberry Pi 3+.

After fresh install the “Plugins”-Settings were not accessible, the system throws an error, while trying to load the plugins’ settings-page… something about missing “IO::Socket::SSL” :cry:

The only way to get access to the Plugins-Settings, was to do what I found mentioned here …

But I think a fresh install of dietpi-Squeezeboxserver (LMS) should “just work”, without further tweaks? And the dietpi software-page did not mention anything either … or is LMS just outdated? The Squeezeboxserver-interface on my DietPi tells me there’s an update ready … Do I need to update it manually (and how?) :thinking:

[the following issue maybe soundcard-related, gotta try it out with another audioplayer to be able to see if error is recurring:]
… another thing I notice (using external USB Soundblaster Soundcard): LMS randomly drops Audio. Suddenly there’s no sound anymore. But tracks / radiostreams keep running. Interface becomes unresponsive.

I will check. Yeah indeed if required we will install the libio-socket-ssl-perl package.

Digging in a wiki I found install instructions that indeed contain the above perl library: http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/DebianPackage#installing_7.9.2

Nice is also an API URL that shows the current (nightly) download link:

Since there seem to be no “releases” done that are shown on any download page (the only official download page contains totally outdated 7.7.6: https://www.mysqueezebox.com/download), I will add the above to ship nightlies now. Development seems to not do large steps that require a usual release (+ beta phase) schedule. There was a discussion about this earlier that I actually don’t like to ship nightlies to our end users, since those never gone through any public testing, so by nature contain more bugs. But one of the developers clearly stated that the nightlies should be used, and yeah, there are no other “public releases” in the common sense.

noobian
You are running this on a ARM devive? Then do to update:

cd /tmp
wget http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/7.9/sc/a87a580a146795c11044730b93ecaa0ceaf538e4/logitechmediaserver_7.9.2~1555406898_arm.deb -O lms.deb
dpkg -i lms.deb
rm lms.deb

Ah this package depends on the required perl library already, so no need to install it manually:

root@VM-Stretch:/tmp# apt depends logitechmediaserver
logitechmediaserver
  Depends: perl (>= 5.8.8)
  Depends: adduser
  Depends: libc6
  Depends: libgcc1
  Depends: libstdc++6
  Depends: zlib1g
  Depends: libio-socket-ssl-perl
  Depends: libgomp1 (>= 4.2.1)
  Conflicts: <slimp3>
  Conflicts: <slimserver>
  Conflicts: <squeezeboxserver>
  Conflicts: <squeezecenter>
  Replaces: <slimp3>
  Replaces: <slimserver>
  Replaces: <squeezeboxserver>
  Replaces: <squeezecenter>

When you face a dpkg error about missing dependencies, simply let APT fixing this for your: apt -f install

Done:

Thanks alot MichaIng for checking on this.
:slight_smile:

I‘m gonna wait for v.6.23 and try it again.

Yeah, I‘m running this on a Raspberry Pi. Plan on setting up something jukeboxish, with a touchscreen, access to local music storage and webradio. All for a technically uninterested person, so the system needs to run error-free, without need for regular technical tinkering.