Special VPN request

Or to try another view… If I want to install a VPN connection on a Kubuntu-Client I can (propably complicated) configure it… or I can import a conf-file. IMHO I always thought this wg0… conf IS THIS conf-file which should be imported.
But IF I am right, isn´t it a contradiction to save this file with root user only rights? How does the inventor of Wireguard thought, that Users set up their Client-connections? Manually? hmmmm… sorry for my many questions…
Karl

that might work. At least you would need to give read rights to be able to have it visible on your SAMBA share.

A very simply way would be to connect with a Desktop computer via SSH and get the content of the client configuration file displayed like

cat /etc/wireguard/wg0-client.conf

This should give the whole content on screen. Now you are able to copy/past the configuration from SSH terminal into a text file on your desktop computer :wink:

@Joulinar
I would like to thank you very much. Thanks tomyour help I learned a lot about VPN and I could reach all my goals. Thank you very much.
Karl

1 Like