Sonarr/Radarr services failed on v6.29.2

Well this is an option that can be added to the mono exec command. I tried doing this, added it to the start command and executed on CLI. It was just giving hundert of lines flying by but did not start Sonarr. Not sure how to use it.

Still strange for me that Sonarr will be installed with version 2.0.0.5343 from sonarr apt package but there is 2.0.0.5344 offered on sonarr admin page as well as on GitHub

Mine has been stable for a whole day now where it was crashing constantly before. No guarantees this will work but wont hurt

sudo apt update

sudo apt upgrade

sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/sonarr.service

Add the --debug to this line so it looks like:

ExecStart=/usr/bin/mono --debug -O=-aot /opt/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe -nobrowser -data=/mnt/dietpi_userdata/sonarr

If you have radarr - do the same thing for it:

sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/radarr.service

Make the same change as per sonarr:

ExecStart=/usr/bin/mono --debug -O=-aot /opt/Radarr/Radarr.exe -nobrowser -data=/mnt/dietpi_userdata/radarr

Then reload the systemd services config:

sudo systemctl daemon-reload

Restart the services:

sudo systemctl restart sonarr

sudo systemctl restart radarr

Once you can login to the GUI, update them by going to:
System → Updates → Install the latest update of both

See how you go, hopefully that helps, i think the --debug was the only thing that actually helped (not sure what that does beyond logging extra info to the debug log) but Sonarr and Radarr were both warning it was missing so it wont hurt to have it there.

I already added --debug for a while now and it still crashes… it goes for about an hour then crashes…

Weird mine is all stable after doing this.

Apt upgrade did pull some mono updates so might be worth doing if you haven’t already

I’m going to try it. Gary, which version of sonarr did apt command give you? I wasn’t picking up the most recent version of the software when I did it last…

It actually only looks like it’s not starting sonarr. I wouldn’t recommend anyone run that --trace version of the startup command on an rpi. Doing so on mine just about set my pi on fire and finally caused a broken ssh pipe that required a restart on the pi.

The issue with the apt versions is that one is a dev version, according to a dev on the sonarr discord.

Adding --debug didn’t work here either. FYI. Thanks, anyway, for the tip, Gary.

Here are the last lines of the debug log before the crash:

20-5-19 16:24:27.3|Info|RssSyncService|Starting RSS Sync
20-5-19 16:24:27.3|Debug|FetchAndParseRssService|Available indexers 1
20-5-19 16:24:27.3|Debug|Newznab|Downloading Feed https://api.nzbgeek.info/api?t=tvsearch&cat=5030,5040&extended=1&apikey=(removed)&offset=0&limit=100

ok I found the point why a dev version is installed. You can switch to master by doing

nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/sonarr.list

and change develop into master

afterwards you can run apt update && apt upgrade and you will be updated to nzbdrone 2.0.0.5344

Thank you for this!

nicheplayer
pls can you check how it behave once you are on 2.0.0.5344??

Same crash as always. Sonarr devs are recommending I try rolling back my mono install to see if I can isolate where the trouble starts (and to see if it’s in fact related to mono). Is there an easy way to do that rollback via DietPi/apt?

well you would need the debian package. But this needs to be provided by Sonarr. DietPi is just pulling the package from Sonarr. And there is just the last one. Other option is to build it yourself from source. But this is a manual step. So probably Sonarr guys can provide older version as debian package as this would be much easier.

Mine was stable enough to upgrade through the gui. Prob changing the source list is a good idea as mentioned already. Gui updated me to 2.0.0.5344 released March 14 2020.

So far 2 days uptime where it was an hour or two at best before.

Huh isnt mono coming from the main distro as listed in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-xamarin.list
What version of mono is everyone running?

mono --version

dietpi@DietPi:~$ mono --version
Mono JIT compiler version 6.8.0.123 (tarball Tue May 12 15:31:43 UTC 2020)

nicheplayer If you have something older try

sudo apt update && apt upgrade

Also, make sure you have Mono installed in dietpi-software (i assume this is installed as a pre-req to sonarr/radarr), this should ensure you are pulling the latest from the repo:

sudo dietpi-software

Select Search
enter “mono” and tick it
Ok
Install

I’m running Mono JIT compiler version 6.8.0.123 (tarball Tue May 12 15:38:29 UTC 2020). dietpi-software indicates that mono is, indeed, installed.

So we have the same sonarr version, same mono version yet yours still crashes.

Perhaps the issues aren’t the same then? I assume yours only started with a recent update to dietpi like the rest?

Correct. No trouble until the DietPi v6.30.0 update.

Guys, keep in mind that apt software packages updated in front of DietPi update. Means it executed apt update && apt upgrade. Therefore your Sonarr as well as Mono versions are updated as well.