[SOLVED] dnsmasq as DHCP server crash under Jessie

Dear Dan,

Please, be a knight (and you know you are), because I feel you are disqualifying me. You don’t know, but I’m telecom. engineer, been using computers from I was 12(my first one, an Amstrad), installed my first Linux (Slackware) in 96, working with Ubuntu for years, been an ICT manager in school, and the list goes on. It’s truth I don’t have experience on Linux servers, but I’m experimented on Linux Workstations.

Maybe you don’t understand what I’m trying to say, or maybe my english is not good enough to having you understanding me.

I don’t need support for doing what I’ve done. And, please, don’t get obfuscated with the PiHole question, I just put it on the topic to try to get the attention of somebody, because you have always been very attentive with all my questions and you have helped me a lot in other posts (I felt very strange not having any feedback for weeks in this post, and, then, I changed the topic title) and you know I have always appreciated your good disposition.

The reason for the long post is just for helping you to get the BUG that is killing dnsmasq when is used as a DHCP server, and not just a DNS server as PiHole does. As it happens under DietPi, and not under the Jessie Official Minimal Raspbian, it HAS to be because there’s something to improve on DietPi (yes, this is not happening because I’m stpd).

So, do whatever you want, just to tell you I’m not talking about God and angels, but just about things you can check yourself if you try to do them under DietPi and I think I have explained enough how to do it in this post. You can check, and will get the same results as me, be sure.

And, yes, if dnsmasq is killed, PiHole dies with it.

My apologies if my words seem rude, I’ve tried to be polite,

Thank you very much for your attention,
Trying to be helpful to improve DietPi,
Oscar