Reconecting User Data

Yes this has been running for a few years.

Fanx a lot

Can you please show:

ls -l /usr/local/bin/node-red
systemctl cat node-red
root@DietPi:~# ls -l /usr/local/bin/node-red
systemctl cat node-red
ls: cannot access '/usr/local/bin/node-red': No such file or directory
# /etc/systemd/system/node-red.service
[Unit]
Description=Node-RED (DietPi)

[Service]
User=nodered
ExecStart=/mnt/dietpi_userdata/node-red/node_modules/.bin/node-red -u /mnt/dietpi_userdata/node-red

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
root@DietPi:~# 

Okay that looks all good. I checked the dir tree on a fresh Node-RED install an it looks like yours. You could try to conpare the backup files with the live ones, of the missing data is there.

Everything seems to be the same as the backup, but it’s just not being seen.

(homeassistant is a left over from the original Sys)

The last pic is of the InfuxDB’s, when I SHOW them in the terminal they’re not visible

InfluxDB shell version: 1.8.10
> SHOW DATABASES
name: databases
name
----
_internal

hmm, I guess the old databases would need to be imported into the new InfluxDB instance. But I’m not sure how this could work. I found something about importing a backup. But this is not what you have I guess

Actually it should have just migrated it when installing with data dir present, at least according to a test I did once :thinking:. But worth to give or a try. Just to be sure, ls -l /var/lib/influxdb is pointing to the DietPi userdata dir, right?

Seems to be correct

Influx and Grafana isn’t too important if it’s lost, and I exported the Node-Red flows separately before which is most important to me, the rest I can rebuild.

So lets call it a day from here, thank you both for all your help

root@DietPi:~# ls -l /var/lib/influxdb
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 29 May 17 18:40 /var/lib/influxdb -> /mnt/dietpi_userdata/influxdb

Don’t forget to consider some kind of backup for your system, to avoid similar experience in future. :wink:

1 Like

Well I did do the normal backup before upgrading which didn’t help much, now I’m going to backup a working image :metal:t3:

best is to store the dietpi-backup on an external USB pen stick or similar. This at least allow you to restore the entire backup on a new installation right during setup.