problem with max31865 Node Red and Dietpi

Hi, I have a sensor max31865 from Adafruit and I want to use it to measure the temperature in Node Red. There is a node (node-red-contrib-pi-max31865 0.9.4) that works on Raspbian lite with Node Red without any problem.
Unfortunately for Dietpi and Node Red, and enabled SPI bus I get the following message -Error: EACCES, Permission denied. In both cases I have clean installations. I will be grateful for solving the problem. Greetings.
Sorry about bad english.

where exactly you see the Permission denied message? Would it be possible to share the entire error message/log?

The message is displayed in the Node Red debug console after deploy .
I tested the node on another device at home without the sensor and the result was the same.
Some time ago I had the same problem with persist node and solved it with the command: chmod 666 persistence.json which allowed writing to the file. I guess it’s something like that here but I don’t have enough knowledge to do it alone.

Here is a picture.

question which file or device Node like to access? Something I don’t know as well.

MichaIng
do you have an idea.

Please show:

ls -al /dev/*spi*

And please do not post images via Google Drive, at least when I should see them. It requires to enable 3rd party cookies, which is a shame and I’ll never allow that in my browsers :wink:. You can upload/attach images to your post, so they are hosted on our server.

The browser console states:

Because a cookie’s SameSite attribute was not set or is invalid, it defaults to SameSite=Lax, which prevents the cookie from being sent in a cross-site request. This behavior protects user data from accidentally leaking to third parties and cross-site request forgery.

No service from a trustable website must ever rely on 3rd party cookies IMO.

I apologize for the way it provides the image, but something did not work with the insert image button.
After using the ls -al / dev / * spi * command, I got the following result:
crw-rw---- 1 root spi 153, 0 Mar 7 08:58 /dev/spidev0.0
crw-rw---- 1 root spi 153, 1 Mar 7 08:58 /dev/spidev0.1
This is also the case with booth OS, with absolutely no difference.
On Raspbian work on Diietpi no.
I want to mention that Dietpi is my favorite OS and I have no intention of changing that.
Greetings.

Please try the following:

usermod -aG spi nodered

NP regarding the image, it is Google to blame :slight_smile:. You should be able to add the image file as attachment and add it inline into the post text.

The command:
usermod -aG spi nodered
really turned out to be a solution in this case. The device must be restarted for the changes to complete successfully
Thanks.
:smiley:

Great, I’ll apply this automatically for dietpi-software installs of Node-RED.

EDIT: Done: https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/commit/8e774c2