Out of space error trying to install transmission

When I’m trying to install Transmission using dietpi-software its erroring out with :

Setting up libnatpmp1:armhf (20150609-7) ...
Setting up libminiupnpc17:armhf (2.1-1+b1) ...
Setting up transmission-common (2.94-2+deb10u2) ...
Setting up transmission-daemon (2.94-2+deb10u2) ...
useradd: failed to reset the lastlog entry of UID 110: No space left on device
Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/transmission-daemon.service → /lib/systemd/system/transmission-daemon.service.
Processing triggers for systemd (241-7~deb10u8+rpi1) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.28-10+rpt2+rpi1) ...
E: Write error - ~LZMAFILE (28: No space left on device)

Not sure where is running out, df -H gives

Filesystem                                             Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/root                                               32G  6.3G   24G  21% /
devtmpfs                                               1.9G     0  1.9G   0% /dev
tmpfs                                                  1.9G   25k  1.9G   1% /dev/shm
tmpfs                                                  1.9G  193M  1.7G  11% /run
tmpfs                                                  5.3M     0  5.3M   0% /run/lock
tmpfs                                                  1.9G     0  1.9G   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs                                                   53M   53M     0 100% /var/log
tmpfs                                                  2.1G   24M  2.1G   2% /tmp
/dev/mmcblk0p1                                         265M   53M  212M  20% /boot
192.168.2.254:/raid0/data/_NAS_NFS_Exports_/NAS_Share   12T  5.2T  6.2T  46% /mnt/NAS

I was in one of NFS directories when runing the dietpi-software command if that is relevant?
This is on v7.7.3 of Dietpi on a RPi 4 Model B

Not sure where to look to free up space, any ideas?

According information provided, /var/log is full and require cleaning. Do you have persistent logging activated?

Thanks Joulinar, honestly, I dont know, is there any way to keep the log space freed up?

Restarted and log space is free, transmission installed just fine so you were right Joulinar that was it.
I had a permissions problem that was causing Sonarr problems moving a file from a download directory to another directory and it was retrying for days before i noticed the problem, i suspect it was constantly logging about that, maybe thats the root cause?

Probably, unfortunately we don’t know which file was using the space as they are gone during reboot :wink: