Odroid C2 out of memory

Hello. After upgrading dietpi to version 8.8 in Odroid C2 I have a problem with killing the application (out of memory). Odroid functions as an information point, has a connected display and an RFID reader. The application runs in firefox (at first I thought it was firefox’s fault but after several days of htop observation it turned out that it was xorg’s problem). Here is the link in which I attach htop screenshots from three days (2022-10-12, 2022-10-13, 2022-10-18) and system logs saved from the moment when xorg killed. Based on the logs, I can not tell what the problem is exactly, so I am asking for support. Previously, dietpi version 6.x was installed and there were no such problems.

Information

• DietPi version | 8.8.1
  • Distro version | bullseye
  • Kernel version | Linux DietPi 5.10.123-meson64 #22.05.3 SMP PREEMPT Wed Jun 22 07:23:04 UTC 2022 aarch64 GNU/Linux
  • SBC model | Odroid C2 (aarch64)
  • Power supply used | 5V 3A
  • SD card used | Hardkernel eMMC 8GB

I assume quite a lot of apt managed packages has been updated during the DietPi version update 6 > 8. Probably some of the packages require more memory know now. Looking to your htop your resource consumption is growing over time. Xorg, Firefox and some Java app seems using most of the memory. You could sort by RES. What you could do is to increase SWAP file. SWAP is already used but the file is not that big.

I would like to add that I did not use scripts for the upgrade, I just downloaded the latest image and installed it on the card.
Additionally installed packages and configurations:

• chromium,
  • LXQt,
  • TigerVNC,
  • firefox,
  • CUPS: cups, cups-bsd, gcc libcups2-dev libcupsimage2-dev
  • splashscreen: fbi
  • added kernel parameters: logo.nologo vt.global_cursor_default=0 quite loglevel=0 splas

I believe that the application is so light that there is no need to use a swap file (application views are written in JSP (JavaServer Pages)). After restarting the device and starting the application, the RAM consumption oscilate around 1.2 GB. RAM is running low after approximately 15 days of continuous running.

Just have a look on your htop. There you easily can see memory consumption of every process. And your JAVA app is one of the top. It’s around 300MB. Main contributor is Firefox followed by desktop application.