ODORID C2 - Chromium does not start

Hello all,

I am trying to use my ODROID as a little home server with possibility to search the Internet on my TV.
I installed Chromium successfully. After I added some bookmarks to Chromium it will not start from LXDE desktop. I shows the message: ‘Please delete bookmarks…’
Does anyone have idea, how this could be solved?

Another issue is, that the GERMAN - environment for LXDE will not automatically load after reboot. I have to log out and start with ‘startx’ to get a ‘germanized’ desktop… ???

Best regards and thank you for all the work you have done with this great software.

Berni1

Hi,

This is something we havn’t seen previously, i’ll run some tests and see if we can replicate. Although, might be worth trying a reinstall of Chromium:

dietpi-software uninstall 113
dietpi-software install 113

Another issue is, that the GERMAN - environment for LXDE will not automatically load after reboot. I have to log out and start with ‘startx’ to get a ‘germanized’ desktop… ???

I’ll try to replicate. Which locale are you running, de.UTF-8?

locale

Sorry for the late response. I was buisy with my home renovation project…

After re - installing Chromium it works. Thank you. :smiley:

The locale is: LANG=de_DE.UTF-8

Berni

No worries. Thanks for letting us know Berni.

If problems reappear, please let us know and we’ll take another look.

ps. hope the home renovation project goes well, my home could do with one lol :smiley:

Hello again,

after update DietPi-software to version 148 - Chromium dooes not start & I can not reinstall it with apt-get:
Error message: apt-get has failed:

• Apt string = libgnome-keyring0 libnspr4 libnss3 libnss3-lb …
  • Error code = 100
  • Software Titel = Chromium…
  • In Apt log file → unmet dependencies. Try ‘apt-get -f install’ with no packages… (does not work :frowning: )

Best regards,

Berni

After several trials it updated CHROMIUM but… see my other post… it can not be run as ROOT :open_mouth:

Locked [dupe], please use:
https://dietpi.com/forum/t/odroid-c2-chromium-can-not-be-run-as-root/1212/2