Ntpd update running 100% on Pi3

Hi Daniel,

I was using the exact same system with Raspbian Lite, which ran perfectly, I chose DietPi because of the small footprint and the possibility to install the software I needed.

I am going to re-install tomorrow, if it doesn’t work I am going back to Raspbian Lite, I don’t have the time to keep debugging, I just want a system that runs my friend. I really thought that DietPi was the answer to my needs.

Regards, Garry

Hi Garry,

No worries.

This is the 1st and only report of “unexpected 100% cpu”. Hence the reason for debugging, we’d like to find out why. However, as we cant replicate this issue, or, had reports from other users, I can only assume its limited to your current system.
Whether that is due to software combinations, manual config file changes, hardware failure causing instability/hangs, a peice of software that is causing Cron to go up for the fritz, unsure.

Hi Daniel,

I have just re-installed from scratch, moved rootFS to my USB drive, installed node-red and MQTT and Sqlite (would have been nice to install sqlite from dietpi-software). I’ll let it run without additional software and watch what happens.

Regards, Garry

UPDATE:
Running fine for the last 5 days. The problem has not returned!