No space left /dev/root

well if you had space left, you could try to install agedu and have it generate a useful webgui graph of the most used directories and files
Agedu - A Useful Tool for Tracking Down Wasted Disk Space in Linux (tecmint.com)
This also records when files are access creating a log which could cause issues

If you had a desktop like xfce you could run qdirstat
GitHub - shundhammer/qdirstat: QDirStat - Qt-based directory statistics (KDirStat without any KDE - from the original KDirStat author)

ncdu is a cli disk analyzer
How To Analyze Disk usage on Linux using ncdu | ComputingForGeeks

Was your dietpi_userdata originally stored on your sd card, and not mounted to an external drive? If so, that is where a huge amount of data is stored

would it be possible to unmount all external drives/mount? This would allow us to check where space is used. Or can you connect SD card to another Linux box?

I finally figured this out. Took your advice @journilar and unmounted the NAS shares. However, the mount points were still folders on the /root drive. Took me a while to realize that the /mnt/TV folder wasn’t empty. There were a handful of folders and files in there. I assume that my NAS was unavailable, and the apps still downloaded files, but couldn’t move them to the NAS.
I’ll remember this in the future if my NAS has a power outage, and I have to manually turn it back on.
Much better :

root@pi-usenet:/mnt/Seagate# df -h
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/root              29G  2.1G   26G   8% /
devtmpfs              3.9G     0  3.9G   0% /dev
tmpfs                 3.9G  8.0K  3.9G   1% /dev/shm
tmpfs                 1.6G   22M  1.6G   2% /run
tmpfs                 5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
tmpfs                 3.9G  4.0K  3.9G   1% /tmp
tmpfs                  50M  468K   50M   1% /var/log
/dev/mmcblk0p1        253M   35M  218M  14% /boot
1 Like