- DietPi version | 8.13.2
- Distro version | bullseye
- Kernel version | Linux DietPi-proxmox 5.10.0-20-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.158-2 (2022-12-13) x86_64 GNU/Linux
- SBC model | VM running in Proxmox
Additional Information (if applicable)
- Software title | Lighttpd
- Was the software title installed freshly or updated/migrated?
Freshly installed to new system
I’ve always edited /etc/lighttpd/lighttpd.conf and changed the port from 80 to 81 (against advice not to), so that Nginx Proxy Manager can use port 80, due to not having much luck in having a custom port defined in external.conf to work for me in the past.
Now I wanted to try again and do it properly on this new installation and define the custom port via the new changes in pi-hole release notes here: Pi-hole FTL v5.20.1, Web v5.18.1 and Core v5.15 released – Pi-hole which tell to use /etc/lighttpd/conf-enabled instead. Also see: Pihole update changes lighttpd.conf · Issue #5127 · pi-hole/pi-hole · GitHub
Steps to reproduce
- Changed server.port back to 80 in /etc/lighttpd/lighttpd.conf
- Create custom-port.conf in /etc/lighttpd/conf-enabled/
server.port := 81
- sudo systemctl restart lighttpd
http://pi.hole:81/admin/ expected to work
NPM to bind to port 80
After this change, http://pi.hole:81/admin/ loads fine, but Nginx Proxy Manager (docker) fails to start:
+] Running 0/1 ⠿ Container nginx-pm Starting 0.2s Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint nginx-pm (b009ee6921be2e12e46a4387a1b46881da9728aa077e038e5a545d578faa545d): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp6 [::]:80: bind: address already in use
ss -tulpn shows: tcp LISTEN 0 1024 [::]:80 [::]:*
This bind disappears when I stop Lighttpd. Lighttpd seems to be using both port 80 and 81 - I’m not sure this is normal behaviour?