Install a new version bios/cms .iso on cold computer

I a using an old pc like a server with a dietpi,

I ahve got a new dietpi form the site native PC with an iso.

All was ok when i tried a first time, with mate desktop, and after i change with if i remeber with lxde ( mouse on wall paper). and after i want try other destop, and then the problem is come.

root@DietPi:/# startx
x.ord X Server 1.20.11
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: linux Debian
Current Operating System: Linux DietPi 5.10.0-18-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.140-1 (2022-09-02) x86_64
Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-5.10.0-18-amd64 root=UUID=f2b805de -3799-48f7-87fc-b24c968ae333 ro net.ifnames=0 consoleblank=0
Build Date: 05 August 2022 08:00:36AM
xorg-server 2:1.20.11-1+deb11u2
Current version of pixman: 0.40.0
Before reporting problems,
to make sure that you have the latest version.
Markers: (–) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
(++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
(WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
(==) Log file: “/var/log/Xorg.0.log”, Time: Fri Sep 16 20:45:22 2022
(==) Using config directory: “/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d”
(==) Using system config directory “/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d”
(II) modeset(0): Initializing kms color map for depth 24, 8 bpc.

and i am using no machine for to have a control by distance and wireguard too for other things.

i was trying to install this iso on virtual machine ( using virtualbox) and no issu the same things in the first time when i was doing startx.

i was sperate the password between system and unix

i was cleaning uninstall all desktop and x things … but nothing the same probleme, i tried to look some solution but i did not find, or i did not search good.

So please how fixing it, and is a news patch is coming soon. thank you i need it.

Thank you again waiting

I think the probleme is coming from the first setting when dietpi was install, and ask you for some steeting like sparate the dietpi software password and unix password, because when i install it again on virtual box i leave that setting and it s working even i am changing the desktop.

maybe it s will be help you ?

I will install it again on that server because i do not know if i can comeback on it without uninstalling it .

sorry if my english is bad !!

usually changing the password should not have such effect. You could change the password later on as well.