How To Configure Dietpi To See NAS?

Hello All,

Could someone be so kind to help me? my dietpi failed recently so I’ve had to start all over again but I can’t get my dietpi to see my synology nas drive.

Basically, what I am doing is configuring SABnzbd, but it cannot see my synology box. I believe what I need to do is mount my synology on dietpi.

I’ve gone into Dietpi-Drive-Manager and tried to use Samba and NFS but it fails:

NFS:

[FAILED] No NFS shares on 192.168.1.74 have been found.

SAMBA:

┐
│                                                                              │
│ [FAILED] Samba mount failed with the following error output:                 │
│                                                                              │
│ mount error: could not resolve address for barry.local: Unknown error        │
│ mount error: could not resolve address for barry.local: Unknown error        │
│ mount error: could not resolve address for barry.local: Unknown error

My synology box is on 192.168.1.74.

I’m really really stuck, could someone please help me?

Sorry to be a pain.

On Samba, you are using a host name barry.local which is unknown and can’t be resolved by your system. Better to use IP address if you don’t use a local DNS server.

For NFS, simply run following to check for available mounts.

showmount -e <your.synology.ip>
1 Like

Hello Joulinar,

Thank you for responding to me.

I haven’t set up anything additional on the Synology, just need to see the network drive.

As for NFS, I have ran that and it says:

root@DietPi:~# showmount -e 192.168.1.74
Export list for 192.168.1.74:

And that is all.

Does that help?

Thank you again

Did you configure NFS on your Synology? Because it looks like there is nothing exported.

Hello Joulinar,

Nothing has changed since dietpi died (the sd card) a week ago, I’m not sure if it was NFS or not before, I was able to just see the mounted drives on dietpi so SABnzbd could download to the correct directories, does that make sense? sorry if I’m confusing things. I’m not very good with this.

Is there something else I could use to see the drives?

I DID A THING! I managed to create an NFS permission on NAS… i think i’m nearly there.

Did you tried to use SAMBA mount using your Synology IP address instead of host name?

I created the two drives in my NAS to have NFS permissions, that seemed to have worked.

Odd though as nothing has changed on my NAS in months. But thank you so much for steering me in the right direction.