Home Assistant Supervised on DietPi

Thanks for the insights. I haven’t used portainer and am trying to avoid going down any other installation rabbit holes to make this work. I followed the instructions here https://community.home-assistant.io/t/installing-home-assistant-supervised-on-a-raspberry-pi-with-debian-10/247116 changing “debian” to “raspbian” when it was necessary to force version 19 of Docker. at the end I have a running docker instance and the expected homeassistant containers:

sudo docker ps
CONTAINER ID   IMAGE                                           COMMAND                  CREATED        STATUS        PORTS                  NAMES
433bcf6a8c6f   homeassistant/armv7-hassio-multicast:3          "/init"                  43 hours ago   Up 43 hours                          hassio_multicast
e2909f90b123   homeassistant/armv7-hassio-cli:2020.11.1        "/init /bin/bash -c …"   43 hours ago   Up 43 hours                          hassio_cli
bfe59806ee08   homeassistant/armv7-hassio-audio:17             "/init"                  43 hours ago   Up 43 hours                          hassio_audio
1e91f0226155   homeassistant/armv7-hassio-dns:2020.11.0        "/init"                  43 hours ago   Up 43 hours                          hassio_dns
884ed2331d1b   homeassistant/armv7-hassio-observer:2020.10.1   "/init"                  3 days ago     Up 43 hours   0.0.0.0:4357->80/tcp   hassio_observer
55322c099bc0   homeassistant/armv7-hassio-supervisor           "/init"                  3 days ago     Up 43 hours                          hassio_supervisor

I can run some “ha” commands from the command line, although I don’t really know what I can accomplish from there. The website at port 4357 just shows a page titled “Home Assistant Observer” that reports the Supervisor is running. There’s nothing at port 8123. It seems like I need to figure out how to tell docker to make the supervisor available on 8123, but I don’t know where to go from here. In the forum I cited above, the answer was to downgrade docker from v20 to v19. When I did that and restarted, there was no change for me. I don’t know much about docker and don’t know where to look for the configuration file that might tell me how to display the supervisor on port 8123. I found some ha files in /usr/share/hassio, but the “homeassistant” directory there is empty.

I wanted the Supervisor version to take advantage of addons that aren’t available in Core, namely the ESP Home addon. I have some generic Tuya bulbs I was planning to flash OTA with ESP Home, and the Home Assistant addon is supposed to make that easy. I really liked HA Core from the few days I used it before deciding to uninstall and move up to Supervised. I was hoping to get this up in time to flash my new generic wifi plug, but since it’s to control the Christmas tree I guess I’m going to have to go with the rebranded Tuya app for now.