DietPi & LMS dont work this morning

Not sure whether I understand. You mean this patch for FLAC is not in the Squeezelite source code, but somehow externally added to this package on SourceForge?

… Ah, now I remember this case. Indeed, there was already in an earlier version of Squeezelite a commit, which made use of a function in libFLAC, which was not part of libFLAC, but only proposed as a pull request, without any ETA to be merged. This of course broke Squeezelite builds, when not compiling libFLAC as well from the code of this pull request, which we reasonably complained to be made optional. And as I see, the PR has still not been merged yet: chained streams by philippe44 · Pull Request #667 · xiph/flac · GitHub

This also means that a build of Squeezelite with -DUSE_LIBOGG cannot work, unless you compile and install as well libFLAC with the code of this PR. It will just crash at latest when reading FLAC streams and trying to use this non-existing function. Hence, I do even wonder whether the builds from SourceForge really have this set, because then they would not work on any OS either. Patched libFLAC binaries are not contained in the archives.

pour sing sing radio
use this url
http://stream.sing-sing-bis.org:8000/singsingFlacSansMetadata

Hello, Yes that’s exactly it.

Finally after I asked for it a squeezelite-2.0.0.1488-aarch64.tar.gz version was released 3 days ago for RPi5 :

For some unknown reason, this does not solve the problem. Worse still, almost no web radio whose URLs I entered manually and which are indexed in my favorites works anymore now ;-(

So I went back to the version that came with DietPi… ;-(

Regards.

Yes, except that this stream was down, it was just put back into operation two days ago :slight_smile:

Other web radios are also affected by this problem ;-(

Maybe you should try the ffmpeg squeezelite version 1488

My server is configured to use ALSA audio… I’m afraid it won’t work with ffmpeg. And I’d have to request a version for ARM64 again because it’s not currently available in version ffmpeg-2.0.0.1488-aarch64.tar.gz.

I will wait for the people on the LMS forum to provide me with a solution and I will come back here later to tell you about it…

Regards.

ffmpeg is also for alsa
it is just compatible with more codecs as ffmeg do the conversions
the version in dietpi is ffmpeg (you can see that with the command squeezelite -help)

This certainly wouldn’t change the problem.

Ralphy is working on it to try to solve it.

Salutations.

i gave you the solution
but you are a little bit stubborn
and no thanks
find someone else to help you

Do what you want, but I told you that there was no aarch64 package of the version you recommend and the squeezelite developer is working on the problem to solve it.

According to the developer’s observation, Linux versions are problematic unlike Windows solutions that work.

I don’t know which of us is the most stubborn as you say…

It’s sad that suddenly you say things like that to people you don’t know, even if you had a bad night, a bad day or I don’t know what ;-(

Good evening.

I guess it is expected according to what I wrote above: As long as you do not use a patched version libFLAC, it simply fails whenever trying to do handle related streams, since Debian’s libFLAC does not contain a function used by this -DUSE_LIBOGG Squeezelite build.

1 Like

Standard Squeezelite builds fail because they do not include a FLAC fix directly in their binary and because the FLAC dependency included in Debian has not yet been fixed.

A Squeezelite v2.0.0-1476-pCP build integrating the FLAC fix into its binaries has been created for piCorePlayer v.9.0.1 - May 8, 2024, it seems to allow it to work without issues.

I don’t know who created this package, or where it is available online (if it is available for download without piCorePlayer), but it seems to work.

Squeezelite developer Ralphy is trying to recreate a v2.0.0-1488 package for Debian that includes the fix, but he is having trouble creating a working package…

Nope, it is a build which works only when you install/update it with the piCorePlayer system, which installs a set of additional dependencies, obviously as well a patched version of libFLAC. It won’t work standalone anywhere else, as stated by “CJS” in your linked thread.

The latest official build by ralphy form today however seems to work standalone according to him: Download squeezelite-2.0.0.1488-aarch64.tar.gz (LMS Clients)
Not sure how, but theoretically the patched libFLAC could be statically linked, i.e. embedded into the squeezelite binary. This would explain the huge binary size of 5 MiB, compared to ours 200 KiB.