Dietpi/dietpi folder is empty

Hi everyone

I was want to use dietpi function , but it’s no function to call.

before that , Dietpi is run normal, I just reboot and call function.

http://imgur.com/a/XVRyv

Is this line in /etc/fstab

tmpfs /DietPi tmpfs defaults,size=10m,noatime,nodev,nosuid,mode=1777 0 0

?

If not add it and reboot.

After observing some services not being launched at start (proftpd, minidlna) on my headless server, I started poking around and also found that /DietPi was empty, and /boot was full of FSCK* files.

I think the best route is reflash the SD card and reinstall all. Is there any easy way to get the list of software installed thru DietPi menus, and on fresh SD card boot reinstall them in batch?

Thx, Wolf

Hi Wolf,

DietPi-Software will store a file with installed states in:

/DietPi/dietpi/.installed
/boot/dietpi/.installed

/boot was full of FSCK* files.

These are filesystem check logs. Do they contain any information?
If both /boot and /DietPi are empty folders. You’ll need to write a new image.

As for why this may occur, its most likely a filesystem corruption caused by unstable PSU, and/or, faulty SD card. Can you list your current PSU and SD card used?

Thx @Fourdee.

/boot/dietpi folder doesn’t even exist, coupled with losts of FSCK???.REC files full of info at /boot, that’s why I’m leaning towards reflashing the card and starting from scratch (just wanted to check if there’s any method to batch the reinstall of select features, ie via dietpi-software command line).

Anyways, I’m using a 2Amp quality PSU I never had issues with; and SD card is a Kingston 4GB HC class 4 that I plan to reformat before imaging.

Thx for your suggestions, Wolf

/boot/dietpi folder doesn’t even exist, coupled with losts of FSCK???.REC files full of info at /boot, that’s why I’m leaning towards reflashing the card and starting from scratch (just wanted to check if there’s any method to batch the reinstall of select features, ie via dietpi-software command line).

The file

/DietPi/dietpi.txt

contains instructions on how to achieve this.

John

Thx John. You mean the “AUTO_DietpiSoftware_Install_ID=23” section? (DietPi/dietpi.txt at master · Fourdee/DietPi · GitHub) I thought it was still in development… thanks for the confirmation!

BTW, I read about dietpi-backup ((resolved) Cannot log in to the MySQL server) but I couldn’t figure it out up to what extent the util backs up info (is it just dietpi and /etc/??? config files?)
Thanks again, Wolf.

Same effect as Windows system restore. A snapshot of the system that you can restore at any time.

The only difference is NO USB drive data is not included in the backup. You can use dietpi-sync for that one.

Example usage of dietpi-backup:

#create backup
dietpi-backup 1

#install stuff
apt-get install somestuff
wget somefile 
nano /etc/network/interfaces #and change a few things

#Now you want to undo everything we just did

#Restore
dietpi-backup -1 && reboot

Yes I concur, I was getting this problem when I was running a Raspberry Pi 3 with a 1500mA power supply. All is good with a 2000mA power supply.
Regards,
Keith