Dietpi 6.29.2 wants to mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 to a folder in /mnt ...?

Subreddit Icon
r/dietpi
•Posted byu/infinitejones
1 day ago
Dietpi 6.29.2 wants to mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 to a folder in /mnt …?
I think this has happened since I dietpi-updated to 6.29.2 - dietpi-drivemanager shows /dev/mmcblk0p2 as unmounted, and wants to mount it to a folder with a hex guid as its name within /mnt rather than just mounting it as /.

If I try to manually set the mount path in drivemanager to /, drivemanager tells me it’s an invalid mount location; if I let it try to mount it to the folder in /mnt that it wants to mount it to, there are no specific errors displayed but it just doesn’t.

The Pi is still bootable but a few services fail to load, presumably as a result of / not being mounted anywhere.

I’ve let dietpi-drivemanager check and repair /dev/mmcblk0p2 but it makes no difference.

FWIW I have /mnt/dietpi_userdata on an external USB, but that’s been the case for ages and I’ve never had this problem.

This feels to me like the SD card might be failing - anyone agree? (And therefore the coincidence with the update to 6.29.2 really is just a coincidence).

Or am I missing something else obvious here…?

Hi,

many thanks for your report. Are you using Raspberry PI and you are on 6.29.2.? I guess you are faced by a bug in Drive Manager that was corrected on 6.30. Your rootFS should be read-only atm and you would need to correct this as well as fixing /etc/fstab.

I described the workaround on this GitHub post. Afterwards pls update to 6.30.

https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issues/3511