Backup from OrangePI to Pine64

Hello,

Now I have an OrangePi Lite with Dietpi and everything works fine, but I want to transfer all my configuration to a Pine64. All my user data is on a external HDD. I did two different backup/restore procedures:

1. Create a backup (system only) of my OrangePI (dietpi 151), fresh install dietpi 151 on mi Pine64. Then I restored the backup on the Pine64, and the Pine didn`t boot.

2. Create a backup (system only) of my OrangePI (dietpi 151), fresh install dietpi 151 on mi Pine64, then I copied the boot files and folders of my Pine64. Then I restored the backup on the Pine64, change the boot folders with the ones that I copied. Now the Pine64 runs but dietpi-config says that it is a OrangePi board and the wifi doesn`t work for example.

So, waht is the correct prodedure to change from one board to another, I don`t want to configure all again: noip, samba, certbot, IP configuration, lamp…

regards

Fresh installation, using the correct DietPi image for the device.

DietPi backup does a full system backup including kernel/modules/uboot. So during the restore, your effectively putting the OPi SD card into the Pine, it will not boot.

Yes I did that with the second precedure it runs, but some configuration is missing, os, do I need to copy the uboot folder from a fresh install and them restore to the pine64?

Regards

Fresh install, the CPU arch’s are completely different. Installed software wont function.

Thanks a lot, this software is amazing. So do I have any option to copy the configuration of: certbot, samba, vnc, noip from one device to the other?

Based on your experience, pine64 2gb ram will give me better performace than orangepi lite for nextcloud or owncloud?