acess denied NAS share

I have added network shares for sonarr and raddarr using the drive manager, but get the following error when they try to import.

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied. —> System.IO.IOException: Operation not permitted

the permissions are 777 on the destination

drwxrwxrwx 2 dietpi dietpi 0 May 6 15:37 Anime
drwxrwxrwx 2 dietpi dietpi 0 May 7 11:04 movies
drwxrwxrwx 2 dietpi dietpi 0 May 7 10:31 tvshows

sonarr and radarr groups are as follows
radarr : dietpi
sonarr : dietpi

not sure what is wrong.
how can i change the user from radarr or sonarr to something else, what about the password?

Hi,

pls can you try to create some dummy files to check file system permission

sudo -u radarr touch /mnt/<YourFileSystem>/Anime/test.file
sudo -u sonarr touch /mnt/<YourFileSystem>/Anime/test.file

If permission are ok, files should be created as user radarr and sonarr.

thanks I will try that, I didn’t know I could do it that way.

here is the output after creating the file

root@torbox:~# ls -lah /mnt/Server/Anime/| grep test
-rwxrwxrwx 1 dietpi dietpi 0 May 8 18:06 test.file
-rwxrwxrwx 1 dietpi dietpi 0 May 8 18:08 test_radarr.file
-rwxrwxrwx 1 dietpi dietpi 0 May 8 18:08 test_sonarr.file

pls can you share the output from /etc/fstab?
NETWORK part would be enough. Pls remove user/password before posting

cat /etc/fstab

is there any information to which folder access is denied?

//192.168.0.166/Anime /mnt/Server/Anime cifs username=xxx,password=x,iocharset=utf8,uid=dietpi,gid=dietpi,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,vers=1.0,_netdev,nofail,x-systemd.automount
//192.168.0.166/tvshows /mnt/Server/tvshows cifs username=xxx,password=x,iocharset=utf8,uid=dietpi,gid=dietpi,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,vers=1.0,_netdev,nofail,x-systemd.automount
//192.168.0.166/Movies /mnt/Server/movies cifs username=xxx,password=x,iocharset=utf8,uid=dietpi,gid=dietpi,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,vers=1.0,_netdev,nofail,x-systemd.automount

I should also note that when it tries to write a file it immediately deletes it after writing. I also note files starting with cifs such as cifs169d and it creates more.

Any suggestions?

can you check on your NAS server if there are any log? Are you able to create files as user dietpi on the NAS share?

Logs unfortunately no as it is a Seagate black armor 400 nas. The sonarr,radarr, and dietpi,account created test files in different directories.

hmm strange, if you are able to create files, it should be possible for the application as well. For testing purposes, can you change directories in sonarr and raddarr to some local directories? just to see if files are written down and what permissions they are created with.

Might be interesting for you as well, there is a similar issue reported at GitHub

https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issues/3529

Workaround for the user was to move to Sonarr v3 (but it is still in beta)

I will try to remove sonarr v3 as I did install that. I may start over with the image just to clean it up and update then try again.

hmm I am a little comfused anbd frustrated now. I reimaged the sd card then let it update etc, then installed sonarr,radarr,openvpn, and qbittorrent,but now I can’t download anything as it just drops connections to seeds, at first it will connect then go down to zero then stalled. where are the logs for the qbittorrent located so i can look through them?

I uninstalled the qbittorrent in dietpi-software, ten installed it manually and it downloads fine so far, next I will let it finish and see if it moves the files to the NAS share without deleting them.

it seems to have put me back at square one i can download but not move the files with radarr or sonarr applications.

this seems to be an issue on Sonarr v2

https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issues/3179