Access dietpi behind a docker swarm

I have five Pi’s that I am playing around with docker swarm. Just learning really.

Will pivpn still be accessable once I put them all on the swarm? Will I still be able to touch the Pi’s remotley and the underlying Dietpi features remotley once I set up the swarm?

All apps and services installed directly on DietPi should be accessible still. Or do you mean to put PiVPN into a container?

Nope not in container just directly to the pi. If ddns is in a container in the swarm will my pivpn via wireguard still get me there?

what do you mean by this? DDNS will just link your external IP address to a host/domain name. External access will be still towards your internet router, who will do port forwarding.

Thanks for your time…just trying cross my “Ts”. I setup docker storm once already and list vpn access once the nodes where up. Not sure why…lost local ssh to all 5 pis too. So rebuilt them all. Just thinking through what I have done.

did you setup any firewall software? I would wonder that docker swarm is blocking SSH access. I mean, how to manage the device in this case?

I did not. Starting over…will see if I get different results.

for testing I created a simple swarm, without any apps deployed. And SSH is still working.

root@DietPiOPi5:~# docker node ls
ID                            HOSTNAME      STATUS    AVAILABILITY   MANAGER STATUS   ENGINE VERSION
729ste75cg32spfxqlpiiaqan     DietPi5       Ready     Active                          24.0.7
hzj982o8yw4sgem9ca9xi9eu8 *   DietPiOPi5    Ready     Active         Leader           24.0.7
y4t8mhxvmb849ae9xav5e5i6i     DietPiOPiZ3   Ready     Active                          24.0.7
root@DietPiOPi5:~#

Above and beyond! Appciate the effort! Going down the rabbit hole too!

Working without issues. Just added some demo services

root@DietPiOPi5:~# docker service ls
ID             NAME               MODE         REPLICAS   IMAGE          PORTS
85mkr04z8to8   my-nginx-service   replicated   3/3        nginx:latest
zrm8qwgfwl9z   my-stack_api       replicated   1/1        httpd:latest
q1pa7iiyfeye   my-stack_web       replicated   4/4        nginx:latest   *:80->80/tcp

and having 4 nodes now.

root@DietPiOPi5:~# docker node ls
ID                            HOSTNAME      STATUS    AVAILABILITY   MANAGER STATUS   ENGINE VERSION
nwgpe4mjtpbdescemcv948sxc     DietPi3       Ready     Active                          24.0.7
729ste75cg32spfxqlpiiaqan     DietPi5       Ready     Active                          24.0.7
hzj982o8yw4sgem9ca9xi9eu8 *   DietPiOPi5    Ready     Active         Leader           24.0.7
y4t8mhxvmb849ae9xav5e5i6i     DietPiOPiZ3   Ready     Active                          24.0.7

Sooooo it must be someting else in your case. (my guess)

Indeed issue on my end. Updated software on my router…reboot and all is glorious. Thanks again for your time.

You are welcome, I took the time to play with Docker Swarm first time. :grin:

I am all setup with five Pis. Just need to sort GlusterFS and then I can play around with other apps.