8.1 on Odroid N2+ issue

Hi

I’ve been running the new N2+ test image for a couple of weeks now and for the first time the board is running without reboots, freezes etc.

I’ve just noted one issue:

I have the N2 fan installed and it’s turning on and off all the time, without the cpu being used a lot and the ambient temp being OK.
Is there a way to change the trip temperatures for the fan?

DietPi don’t have any build in can control script. Usually you need some external script to control the fan. Mostly provided by fan manufacturers or related customer projects.

I found this: there are controls for the fan in the installation. Problem is to know what to change…
The /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/trip_point_4_temp is not on my installation, only goes until point_3

These files are not part of DietPi directly and we don’t maintain them. They are provided by the underlying base image.

Yes, I know. But as @MichaIng askes to report all issues with this test image I did…

In this case report on the related GitHub issue. There is the better place for such thinks.

done

I’ve been able to fix the issue by running:
echo 40000 | sudo tee /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/trip_point_3_temp

But it reverts to default after every reboot.
Where can I add the command to have it run after each reboot automatically?

For reference, fixed by running this;

echo -e '#!/bin/dash\necho 40000 > /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/trip_point_3_temp' | sudo tee /var/lib/dietpi/postboot.d/fan_temp.sh

going to close the discussion on the forum as all related information are on GitHub https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issues/5039