DietPi Optimised software Index¶
DietPi-Software is a core DietPi tool, allowing you to install Ready to run and Optimized software for your device. It automates the installation and configuration process for you and also applies specific optimizations unique to your hardware model. As a result DietPi-Software ensure you get the maximum performance from your device.
How do I run DietPi-Software and install Optimised software ?
To install any of the DietPi Optimised Software listed below run from the command line:
dietpi-launcher and selected DietPi-Software. or launch directly the tool:
Choose Software optimised and select one or more items. Finally click on
Install. DietPi will do all the necessary steps to install and start these software items.
To see all the DietPi configurations options, review DietPi Tools section.
Documentation in progress…
The Optimised Software links marked in bold have a more detailed description. The other links redirect to the old documentation (available on DietPi.com Forum)
- LXDE - Highly optimized ultra lightweight desktop
- LXQt - Slick and optimized lightweight desktop
- MATE - Popular Gnome 2 desktop
- Xfce - Lightweight desktop
- GnuStep - Alternative/unique desktop
Remote Desktop Access¶
- TigerVNC Server - Desktop for remote connection
- RealVNC Server - Desktop for remote connection
- XRDP - Remote desktop server for Windows Remote Desktop Client
- NoMachine - Feature rich remote desktop connection
- Kodi - Media Centre / Player
- ympd - Lightweight web Interface audio player for MPD
- myMPD - Lightweight web Interface audio player for MPD
- O!MPD - Feature-rich web Interface audio player for MPD
- CAVA - Optional: Console-based audio visualizer for MPD
- Mopidy - Web Interface Music /Radio Player
- Airsonic - Feature rich media streaming server with web interface
- Subsonic - Feature rich media streaming server with web interface
- Logitech Media Server - aka LMS, Squeezebox Server
- SqueezeLite - Audio player for Logitech Media Server
- Shairport Sync - AirPlay audio player with multiroom sync
- ReadyMedia - (MiniDLNA) Media streaming server (DLNA, UPnP)
- Ampache - Web interface media streaming server
- Emby - Web interface media streaming server
- Plex Media Server - Web interface media streaming server
- Tautulli - Monitoring and tracking tool for Plex Media Server
- Murmur - Mumble VoIP Server
- Roon Bridge - Turns your device into a Roon capable audio player
- Roon Server - Turns your device into a Roon capable audio player and Roon core
- Roon Extension Manager - Manage extensions from within Roon
- NAA Daemon - Signalyst Network Audio Adaptor (NAA)
- IceCast - Shoutcast Streaming Server, including DarkIce
- jRiver - Media Center
- Koel - Web interface streaming server
- GMediaRender - Resource efficient UPnP/DLNA renderer
- Ubooquity - Free home server for your comics and ebooks library
BitTorrent / Download Tools¶
- Transmission - Lightweight BitTorrent server with web interface
- Deluge - Alternative BitTorrent server with web interface
- qBittorrent - Lightweight and fast (c++) BitTorrent server with web interface
- rTorrent - BitTorrent server with ruTorrent web interface
- Aria2 - Download manager with web interface
- SABnzbd - NZB download manager with web interface.
- Medusa - Automatically download TV shows
- Sonarr - Automatically download TV shows
- Radarr - Automatically download Movies
- Lidarr - Automatically download Music
- CouchPotato - Automatically download movies.
- Jackett - API Support for your favourite torrent trackers.
- NZBget - NZB download manager with web interface.
- HTPC Manager - combines all your favourite software into one slick interface.
Emulation & Gaming¶
- OpenTyrian - Gaming
- Cuberite - Fast Minecraft server with web interface
- MineOS - Multiple Minecraft servers with web interface
- Nukkit - Server for Minecraft Pocket Edition
- Amiberry - Amiga emulation system, further developed optimised builds of uae4arm-rpi
- DXX-Rebirth - Descent 1 & 2 OpenGL port
- Steam - Steam client
Camera / Surveillance¶
- RPi Cam Control - RPi Camera / Web Interface Surveillance
- MotionEye - Camera / Web Interface Surveillance
Cloud & Backup systems¶
- ownCloud - Your own personal cloud based backup/data storage system
- Nextcloud - Self-hosted productivity platform
- Nextcloud Talk - Video calls via Nextcloud, including TURN server
- Pydio - Feature-rich backup and sync server with web interface.
- UrBackup Server - Full backups for systems on your network
- Gogs - GitHub style server, with web interface.
- Gitea - GitHub style server, with web interface.
- Syncthing - Backup and sync server with web interface.
- Tonido - Lightweight backup and sync server with web interface, and, cloud access.
- Minio - S3 compatible distributed object server
- Firefox Sync Server - Sync bookmarks, tabs, history & passwords
Social / Search¶
- FreshRSS - A self-hosted RSS feed aggregator
- Forums - phpBB3
- Wordpress - Website Blog and Publishing platform.
- Image Gallery - Host and browse your images from a web interface.
- BaiKal - Lightweight CalDAV + CardDAV server.
- OpenBazaar - Decentralized peer to peer market server using BitCoin.
- YaCy - Decentralized open source search engine.
- WiFi HotSpot - Turn your device into a wireless hotspot/access point.
- Tor HotSpot - Optional: Routes all WiFi HotSpot traffic through the Tor network.
- Home Assistant - Open-source home automation platform running on Python 3.
- EmonPi - Lightweight Energy usage stats with EmonPi PCB.
- Grasshopper - Web App to control Bticino MyHome
- Google AIY - Voice kit “Ok, Google”!.
- Mycroft AI - Open source voice assistant
- PiJuice - PiSupply UPS/battery power system.
- RPi.GPIO - GPIO Interface library for RPi (python).
- WiringPi - GPIO Interface library ©.
- WebIOPi - Web interface to control RPi GPIO.
- Node-RED - Visual tool for wiring together hardware devices, APIs and online services.
- Mosquitto - Message broker that implements MQTT protocol versions 3.1 and 3.1.1.
- Blynk Server - iOs and Android apps to control Arduino, ESP8266, Raspberry Pi and similar microcontroller boards over the Internet
- AudioPhonics Pi-SPC - Power control module for Raspberry Pi, allowing physical button power on/off.
- InfluxDB - Database optimized to save time based data as logs or data from a sensor.
- Grafana - The open platform for beautiful analytics and monitoring.
- Remot3.it - (Weaved) Access your device over the internet.
- VirtualHere - Share physically attached USB devices from your SBC, over the network.
System Stats / Management¶
- DietPi-Cloudshell - Lightweight system stats for your LCD display or monitor.
- Raspcontrol - Web interface system stats
- Linux Dash - Web interface system stats
- PhpSysInfo - Web interface system stats
- RPi Monitor - Web interface system stats
- NetData - Web interface system stats
- Webmin - Remote system management with web interface
- Fail2Ban - Protects your system from brute-force attacks
- Docker - Build, ship, and run distributed applications
- LAMP Webserver - Apache2 / MariaDB / PHP
- LASP Webserver - Apache2 / SQLite / PHP
- LEMP Webserver - Nginx / MariaDB / PHP
- LESP Webserver - Nginx / SQLite / PHP
- LLMP Webserver - Lighttpd / MariaDB / PHP
- LLSP Webserver - Lighttpd / SQLite / PHP
- phpMyAdmin - Web interface SQL admin tool
- Certbot - Free, automated SSL cert creation and setup, allowing https.
- Tomcat8 - Apache Tomcat server
- ProFTP - Simple, efficient, lightweight FTP file server.
- Samba - Feature rich file server.
- vsFTPD - Feature rich FTP file server.
- NFS - Network file system server
- DietPi-NordVPN - OpenVPN and DietPi GUI for NordVPN users.
- OpenVPN - Easy to use, minimal hassle VPN server
- PiVPN - OpenVPN server installer & management tool
- WireGuard - An extremely simple yet fast and modern VPN
Network Load Balancing¶
Dynamic DNS Clients¶
- CloudPrint - CUPS print server, with support for Google cloud printing
- OctoPrint - Web interface for controlling 3D printers