September 2022 (version 8.9)¶
The September 24th, 2022 release of DietPi v8.9 comes with DietPi tools enhancements, software package installation optimizations resp. newer versions and a couple of minor bug fixes.
Photo by LuidmilaKot, Pixabay
- Raspberry Pi The
raspberrypi-sys-modspackage has been replaced with an own one, using only the small subset of the contained tweaks, which are useful on DietPi as well. A recent update of the package added a large number of dependencies, required for
rpi-imagersetup steps on Raspberry Pi OS only: MichaIng/DietPi#5734
- NanoPi R5S | The Ethernet LEDs have been enabled. Many thanks to @3735943886 for providing the related sysfs triggers: MichaIng/DietPi#5679
- DietPi-Installer The root user home directory and login shell are now reset to
/bin/bash, as expected by the fresh DietPi system. Many thanks to @symbios24 for reporting a case where root logins did fail because
zshwas the login shell, but missing on a fresh DietPi system: MichaIng/DietPi#5749
- DietPi-Survey/DietPi-BugReport From Debian Bookworm on, for survey and bug report uploads to DietPi servers, the deprecated RSA host key algorithm has been replaced by the modern Ed25519 algorithm. The known hosts entry has been additionally hardened to allow only connecting to a specific non-default port.
fstabentries are now preserved. Many thanks to @paradix for suggesting this enhancement: MichaIng/DietPi#5622
- DietPi-Software | Plex Media Server The
plexsystem group is now removed on uninstall. This was not done automatically on package removal, since we change the primary group of the
plexsystem user to
dietpi. Many thanks to @mail2rst for reporting this issue: https://dietpi.com/forum/t/plex-installation-broken-via-dietpi-software-after-uninstallation-of-docker-docker-compose/14130
- DietPi-Software | Go
GOPATHis not set anymore to
/mnt/dietpi_userdata/goon fresh installs and will default to
~/goinstead. This especially makes multi-user setups easier where usually every user wants its own Go workspace. Many thanks to @tlgs for bringing this to our attention: MichaIng/DietPi#5735
- DietPi-Software | HAProxy Bumped version to latest stable v2.6.5, update via reinstall:
dietpi-software reinstall 98
- DietPi-Software | phpBB Bumped version for new installs to latest stable v3.3.8, update it by following the instructions on the web UI ACP.
- DietPi-Software | NoMachine Bumped version to latest stable v7.10.1_1, update via reinstall:
dietpi-software reinstall 30
- DietPi-Imager Resolved an issue where the script could have failed because of a missing directory. Many thanks to @DrCWO for reporting this issue: MichaIng/DietPi#5750
- DietPi-Drive_Manager Resolved an issue with the reserved blocks option where the entered value was accidentally applied as number of blocks instead of as MiB, leading to a much smaller reserved space as intended.
- DietPi-Software | ownCloud Resolved an issue where the install failed because of a changed download URL. Many thanks to @DrMoshSince1988 for reporting this issue: MichaIng/DietPi#5739
- DietPi-Software | Amiberry Resolved an issue where mouse movement did not work because of change in the latest
libSDL2version. Many thanks to @lilltonka for reporting this issue and @midwan for the fix in upcoming Amiberry v5.4: MichaIng/DietPi#5730, BlitterStudio/amiberry#995
As always, many smaller code performance and stability improvements, visual and spelling fixes have been done, too much to list all of them here. Check out all code changes of this release on GitHub: MichaIng/DietPi!5760