July 2022, vol 2 (version 8.7)¶
The July 30rd, 2022 release of DietPi v8.7 comes with a new image for NanoPi R5S, new software options Readarr and Navidrome. It has improved Prowlarr and vaultwarden packages, and more.
Photo by JunoBloom, Pixabay
- NanoPi R5S Initial support for FriendlyELEC’s new router SBC has been added, with three Ethernet ports, up to 2.5 Gbit/s, based on the new Rockchip RK3568 SoC.
- DietPi-Software | Readarr The ebook manager of the Servarr family has been added as dietpi-software option.
- DietPi-Software | Navidrome An open source web-based music collection server and streamer has been added as dietpi-software option.
- Quartz64 The firmware package has been updated to ship with Linux
v5.19-rc1. You will be asked during dietpi-update whether you want to upgrade it on your system.
- DietPi-Globals The network connection checks during first boot,
dietpi-softwareinstalls have been enhanced: The timeout can be doubled and network settings can be entered right from the error handler menu. A dedicated IPv6 check is done and if it fails, IPv6 can be disabled from the error handler menu. The DNS check does no ping any more, but only tries to resolve the test domain.
- DietPi-Software | Prowlarr Logging is now done to
/var/log/prowlarras intended. For this change to take effect, existing instances need to be reinstalled once:
dietpi-software reinstall 151
- DietPi-Software | vaultwarden DEB packages are now hosted on dietpi.com, replacing the time consuming in-place compiling. This also solves issues where builds failed due to insufficient memory.
- DietPi-Software | Pi-hole The web interface and web server dialogues from the Pi-hole installer are now skipped. Since we force the installation of a web server and PHP, but allow to choose the web server freely, not installing the web interface as well as installing Pi-hole’s Lighttpd setup are no reasonable choices.
- DietPi-Software Resolved an issue where
cgroup_enable=memorywas unnecessarily added multiple times on Raspberry Pi when installing or reinstalling container engines. Many thanks to @mdsjip for fixing this issue: MichaIng/DietPi!5600
- DietPi-Software | Webmin Resolved an issue where the service failed to start. Many thanks to @alucard87pl for reporting this issue: MichaIng/DietPi#5594
- DietPi-Software | Raspotify Resolved an issue where the service failed to start on ARMv6 RPi models (Raspberry Pi 1 and Zero (1)). It is not supported by latest Raspotify anymore, so we install the latest ARMv6-compatible version instead. Many thanks to @dvelluto for reporting this issue: MichaIng/DietPi#5602
- DietPi-Software | Rclone Resolved an issue where on ARMv6 the x86_64 package was attempted to be installed. Many thanks to @eddiermar for reporting this issue: MichaIng/DietPi#5601
- DietPi-Software | Unbound Resolved an issue on Debian Bookworm where the service failed to start because of missing root trust anchors. Many thanks to @smittyj for reporting this issue: MichaIng/DietPi#5612
- DietPi-Software | Tailscale Resolved an issue where APT updates failed after Tailscale was uninstalled. Many thanks to @SlowRaid for resolving this issue: MichaIng/DietPi#5623
- DietPi-Software | Pi-hole Resolved an issue where the
dialogwindows looked ugly when executed via SSH and keyboard inputs caused characters to appear on the screen.
- DietPi-Software | Bazarr Worked around an issue where on ARMv8 systems the service failed to start since for some reason the previously working aarch64
unrarbinary (which is actually an ARMv5tel one) does not work on recent arm64 Debian anymore. A fix with a real aarch64 binary has been sent upstream. Many thanks to @dioxide0363 for reporting this issue: https://dietpi.com/forum/t/bazarr-fails-to-start-on-freshly-installed-dietpi/13658
As always, many smaller code performance and stability improvements, visual and spelling fixes have been done, too much to list all of them here. Check out all code changes of this release on GitHub: MichaIng/DietPi!5658