July 2022 (version 8.6)¶
The July 2nd, 2022 release of DietPi v8.6 comes with a new image for Quartz64, new software options Prometheus Node Exporter, Tailscale, Rclone and ZeroTier. It has updated Amiberry packages, new PiVPN and HAProxy features, and more.
Photo by pasja1000, Pixabay
- Quartz64 / SOQuartz Support and images for the PINE64 Quartz64 series (Quartz64 Model A, Quartz64 Model B and the SOQuartz compute module) have been added to DietPi, modern feature-rich SBCs based on the new Rockchip RK3566 SoC (4 x ARM Cortex A55 cores @ 1.8 GHz).
- Prometheus Node Exporter A Prometheus exporter for hardware and OS metrics, written in Go, has been added to the DietPi software catalogue. Many thanks to @alexiri for implementing this software option: MichaIng/DietPi#5551
- Tailscale A new VPN server option has been added to the DietPi software catalogue. Many thanks to @goldfix for implementing this software option: MichaIng/DietPi#5558
- ZeroTier The free easy to deploy cloud-hosted VPN service has been added to the DietPi software catalogue. Many thanks to @AAS-Crypt for implementing this software option: MichaIng/DietPi#5567
- Rclone “rsync for cloud storage” has been added to the DietPi software catalogue. Many thanks to @goldfix for implementing this software option: MichaIng/DietPi#5560
- DietPi-Software | PiVPN It is now possible to do an unattended install by placing a config file named
unattended_pivpn.confinto the boot partition/directory. For example configs, have a look at https://github.com/pivpn/pivpn/tree/master/examples. Many thanks to @bastianpaetzold for implementing this feature: MichaIng/DietPi#5546
DietPi-Software | HAProxy It received some updates and enhancements, using v2.6.0 sources now, enabled support for Prometheus metrics, updated cipher suites, and the initial password for the admin panel is now the global software password instead of hardcoded “dietpi”. All config file changes affect fresh installs only, while reinstalls will never touch the config file, but update the HAProxy binary only:
dietpi-software reinstall 98
DietPi-Software | Amiberry Our package has been updated to latest v5.3. Run
dietpi-software reinstall 108
to update your instance: https://github.com/BlitterStudio/amiberry/releases/tag/v5.3
- Hardware | Odroid N2 Resolved an issue where our image didn’t boot from Hardkernel eMMC modules with orange PCB. Many thanks to @greentea1 for reporting this issue: https://dietpi.com/forum/t/problem-for-my-n2/13426
- DietPi-Software | DietPi-VPN Resolved an issue where NordVPN, IPVanish and PIA connections failed if the killswitch was enabled. Many thanks to @jonyskids for reporting this issue: https://dietpi.com/forum/t/dietpi-vpn-blocking-443/13348
- DietPi-Software | DietPi-LetsEncrypt Resolved an issue where Lighttpd needed to be reloaded manually after certificate renewals to serve the new certificate. Many thanks to @Rednox for reporting this issue: https://dietpi.com/forum/t/letsencrypt-renew-cron-issue/13471/6
- DietPi-Software | Radarr Resolved an issue where the installation on ARMv6 Raspberry Pi models (Raspberry Pi 1 and Zero (1)) failed, since Radarr v4 does not support Mono anymore. The latest v3 will be installed now on these models. Many thanks to @eddiermar for reporting this issue: MichaIng/DietPi#5537
- DietPi-Software | Lidarr Precautionary, on ARMv6 Raspberry Pi models, the latest v0.8 will be installed from now on, since the upcoming v1 won’t support Mono anymore.
- DietPi-Software | Jellyfin Resolved an issue where the installation failed due to a missing config file. Many thanks to @TomEighty15 for reporting this issue: https://dietpi.com/forum/t/jellyfin-installation-error/13402
- DietPi-Software | vaultwarden Resolved an issue where the installation could have failed due to insufficient system memory.
- DietPi-Software | WiringPi Resolved an issue where the installation failed on Odroids because of a missing dependency. Many thanks to @Guchshenskaya for reporting this issue: MichaIng/DietPi#5543
As always, many smaller code performance and stability improvements, visual and spelling fixes have been done, too much to list all of them here. Check out all code changes of this release on GitHub: MichaIng/DietPi!5591