May 2022 (version 8.5)¶
The May 28th, 2022 release of DietPi v8.5 comes with a new software option Prowlarr, updated Amiberry packages, new security features, and more.
Photo by suju-foto, Pixabay
- Prowlarr The indexer manager of the Servarr family has been added as dietpi-software option.
- Security It is now possible to enter the WPA-PSK WiFi key as 64-digit hexadecimal key, as e.g. returned by
wpa_passphrase. It will be converted as needed, stored and applied to
wpa_supplicantconfig automatically in this format. In case of using
dietpi-wifi.txton a fresh DietPi installation, please note that this requires an image with DietPi v8.5 pre-installed, i.e. dated after May 28, 2022. Many thanks to @robinemde for doing this suggestion: MichaIng/DietPi#5406
- Security It is now possible to add public SSH keys to
dietpi-wifi.txt, to be applied at first boot for public key authentication with “dietpi” and “root” users. Additionally, SSH password authentication can be disabled for all users or “root” only. Have a look at
- DietPi-Software | Dropbear/OpenSSH Password authentication is now disabled if set via
DietPi-Software | Amiberry Updated to latest version 5.2 and shipped now as DEB package. Also the included
libSDL2libraries have been updated to latest stable versions. Additionally builds for all SBCs and architectures, including x86_64, have been added, i.e. Amiberry is now available on all platforms. You can update Amiberry to the latest version with the following command:
dietpi-software reinstall 108
DietPi-Software | WiringPi Build dependencies have been reduced so that only the actually required tools and headers are installed instead of the whole Build-Essential package.
- DietPi-VPN Resolved an issue where applying a ProtonVPN connection or starting the killswitch could have failed, if the
gettext-basepackage was not installed. Many thanks to @Wilford888 for reporting this issue: MichaIng/DietPi#5501
- DietPi-Software | Spotifyd Resolved an issue where fresh installs failed because of a missing parent directory. Many thanks to @C0ntroller for reporting this issue: MichaIng/DietPi#5484
- DietPi-Software | WiringPi Resolved an issue where the install on Odroids failed as of a change in the build scripts of Hardkernel’s fork. Many thanks to @MDAR for reporting this issue: MichaIng/DietPi#5485
- DietPi-Software | Gitea Resolved an issue where the service failed to start after a reinstall when Gitea was installed before DietPi v7.9. Many thanks to @twikedk for reporting this issue: MichaIng/DietPi#5516
- DietPi-Software | vaultwarden Resolved an issue where web access wasn’t possible, since it binds to localhost with recent vaultwarden or web vault release. We restore the previous behaviour on fresh installs and reinstalls, but preserve any stricter value that may have been manually applied, like the local IP. Many thanks to @amibumpin for reporting this issue: https://dietpi.com/forum/t/vaultwarden-update-to-1-25-web-access/13248
As always, many smaller code performance and stability improvements, visual and spelling fixes have been done, too much to list all of them here. Check out all code changes of this release on GitHub: MichaIng/DietPi!5522