December 2023 (version 8.25)¶
The December 16th, 2023 release of DietPi v8.25 comes with newly supported SBCs (Orange Pi 3B and the RISC-V based PINE64 Star64), enhancements for other boards and bug fixes for several
- PINE64 Star64 We added support for this RISC-V SBC to DietPi. Images for testing are there: https://dietpi.com/downloads/images/testing/DietPi_Star64-RISC-V-Sid.img.xz
- Orange Pi 3B Support for this RK3566 SBC has been added to DietPi.
- Raspberry Pi We applied preparations for supporting the new official Raspberry Pi firmware and kernel packages, which implies support for Raspberry Pi 5. A script allows to the migration to the new package set, including the switch for the boot mount point from
/boot/firmware. Please see the following topic about how to apply the script. Note that it is in beta stage for now, since the change might cause issues among our scripts which we did not detect yet: MichaIng/DietPi#6676
- Quartz64 The kernel receives a major upgrade to Linux 6.6.7 and we switched to latest unmodified mainline U-Boot 2023.10. Among others changes, this implies a fixed onboard Ethernet MAC address, which was previously changing on every boot.
- DietPi-Software | NZBGet We migrated to the repository of the new project maintainer, since the original author stopped development: https://dietpi.com/forum/t/nzbget-new-maintainer-dietpi-software-already-updated/18425. Being on it, plain text file logging has been disabled in favour for journal logging, i.e. all NZBGet related logs are now combined in
journalct -u nzbget. The logging change will be applied on next DietPi update, the NZBGet upgrade itself can be done via reinstall:
dietpi-software reinstall 149
- Proxmox Now really resolved the issue where the QEMU guest agent was not always installed automatically on first boot.
- DietPi-Tools | DietPi-Update Resolved an issue on RPi 4 systems with 32-bit userland/OS (but 64-bit kernel enabled) where wrong package variants could have been installed during patch stages. Many thanks to @diment08 for reporting this issue: MichaIng/DietPi#6768
- DietPi-Tools | DietPi-Backup Resolved an issue where updating or restoring backups between different distro version may have been incomplete (particularly in case of Bookworm and Bullseye), since the
/etc/debian_versionis identical in size and mtime, and hence seen as identical by
rsync(by default), while its content is different.
- DietPi-Software | Ampache Resolved an issue on Bullseye and Bookworm systems where the initial web UI access failed because our pre-generated database was too old. A template shipped with Ampache will now be used, the initial admin user and music catalogue added via CLI. Many thanks to @mostly_offline for reporting this issue: https://dietpi.com/forum/t/bypassing-ampache-update-page/17367
- DietPi-Software | Kodi Worked around an issue on RPi Bookworm systems where installing Kodi failed due to a missing directory. Many thanks to @joshi0531 for reporting this issue: MichaIng/DietPi#6703
- DietPi-Software | TasmoAdmin Resolved an issue where the web updater did not work with Lighttpd, due to a wrong rewrite rule. Many thanks to @Boebbele for reporting this issue: MichaIng/DietPi#6805
As always, many smaller code performance and stability improvements, visual and spelling fixes have been done, too much to list all of them here. Check out all code changes of this release on GitHub: MichaIng/DietPi!6808