November 2023 (version 8.24)¶
The November 18th, 2023 release of DietPi v8.24 comes with newly supported SBCs (Orange Pi Zero 3, ROCK 5A and ASUS Tinker Board 2), enhancements for other boards and bug fixes for several
- ROCK 5A We added support for this RK3588 SBC from Radxa to DietPi and images to our download page.
- ASUS Tinker Board 2 We added support for this RK3399 SBC from ASUS to DietPi and images to our download page.
- Orange Pi Zero 3 We added support for this Allwinner H618 SBC to DietPi and images for testing: https://dietpi.com/downloads/images/testing/. Note that there is currently an issue with the Ethernet adapter being lost on reboots, requiring a power cycle to re-appear: MichaIng/DietPi#6594
- ROCK 3A A kernel upgrade from
edge-rk35xx(Linux 6.1.11) to
current-rockchip64(Linux 6.1.50 at time of writing) will be applied, which solves e.g. missing 3.5mm audio output. Many thanks to @wahono77 for testing the kernel upgrade: MichaIng/DietPi#6710
- Quartz64 Along with the regular kernel upgrade, we added support for no-UI HID devices. Many thanks to
@stormwyrmfor the request: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?pid=120632
- DietPi-Software | openHAB The openHAB APT repository will be migrated from testing to stable suite. Previously “testing” was used, as “stable” shipped openHAB 3, which does not support Java 17. In the meantime “stable” ships openHAB 4 as well. Many thanks to @twikedk for bringing this back to our attention: MichaIng/DietPi#6731
- DietPi-Software | Prometheus Node Exporter This software option has been enabled for the RISC-V architecture, for which builds are now available via official GitHub releases.
- Raspberry Pi 4 | Worked around an issue on Bookworm systems, where the upgrade of the
rpi-eeprompackage pulled an incompatible
raspi-firmwarepackage, causing a failure of any APT upgrade. Many thanks to @piyushaswani55 and others for reporting this issue: MichaIng/DietPi#6747
- Proxmox Resolved an issue where the QEMU guest agent was not always installed automatically on first boot.
- DietPi-Globals Resolved a v8.22 regression where the error handler and bug report template contained only the first line of the failed command’s output.
- DietPi-Software Resolved and issue where auto setup failed in case of trailing (non-integer) characters behind the
dietpi.txtsetting. In this case, an automatic login was performed, but
dietpi-softwareran in interactive mode. It has been align now so that any trailing characters are ignored and either autologin and automated setup happens both or none. Many thanks to @inis17 for reporting a related issue: MichaIng/DietPi#6719
- DietPi-Software | Sonarr Resolved a DietPi v8.23 regression where the install failed at an URL check for the APT key. Many thanks to @TheGitGuy00 for reporting this issue: MichaIng/DietPi#6699
- DietPi-Software | NFS Server Resolved a DietPi v8.23 regression where the install failed because of a syntax error. Many thanks to @supertevran for reporting this issue: MichaIng/DietPi#6722
- DietPi-Software | Shairport Sync Resolved an issue where the install failed because of a missing service user required for the new NQPTP version. Many thanks to @vishnusure for reporting this issue: MichaIng/DietPi#6735
- DietPi-Software | Nextcloud Resolved an issue where, with Lighttpd webserver, a warning about missing
ocm-providerrewrite was shown in some cases. Many thanks to @rubinski for reporting this issue: https://dietpi.com/forum/t/nextcloud-update-error-message-nextcloud-ocm-provider/18266
- DietPi-Software | NZBGet Resolved an issue where the log file
/var/log/nzbget.logwas not created and used as intended, since the service does not have permissions to create it.
As always, many smaller code performance and stability improvements, visual and spelling fixes have been done, too much to list all of them here. Check out all code changes of this release on GitHub: MichaIng/DietPi!6760