June 2023 (version 8.18)¶
The June 3rd, 2023 release of DietPi v8.18 comes with a couple of improvements and bug fixes.
- Quartz64 Enabled (software) RAID and Logical Volume Manager (LVM) support. Many thanks to @dano6 for implementing this: MichaIng/DietPi!6370
- DietPi-Software | youtube-dl Since the development of the original
youtube-dlproject stalled for some years, we migrated to the well known actively developed fork
If you installed
youtube-dlbefore, you can migrate via reinstall:
dietpi-software reinstall 195. For backwards compatibility, the
youtube-dlcommand will stay valid as a symlink to
yt-dlp, but there are some differences you should be aware about when doing the migration on your system: yt-dlp/yt-dlp#differences-in-default-behavior. Many thanks to @rgabbo for suggestion and @pulpe for implementing this change: MichaIng/DietPi?5670, MichaIng/DietPi!6380
- DietPi-Software | Pi-hole With recent release, Pi-hole supports RISC-V and has been hence enabled for this architecture as well in DietPi. Many thanks to the Pi-hole team for making this possible to quickly!
- DietPi-DDNS Resolved an issue where the IP sync failed because the API URL changed recently. Many thanks to @ma651851384 for implementing the update: MichaIng/DietPi!6375
- DietPi-Software | Restic Resolved an issue where Restic was installed without executable flag. Many thanks to @lima1 for reporting this issue: https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/pull/6350#issuecomment-1537656560
- DietPi-Software | Domoticz Resolved an issue where the installation failed when trying to unpack the tarball. Many thanks to @mcnahum for reporting this issue: MichaIng/DietPi#6369
- DietPi-Software | Domoticz Resolved an issue where the service start failed because the new version of Domoticz depends on the GnuTLS variant of
libcurlinstead of the OpenSSL one. Many thanks to @IgrekLg for reporting this issue: MichaIng/DietPi#6404
- DietPi-Software | motionEye Resolved an issue where the installation failed on ARMv6, ARMv7 and RISC-V Bookworm systems due to missing build dependencies. Many thanks to @magicfoxt-magicfox for reporting this issue: MichaIng/DietPi#6333
- DietPi-Software | LXQt Resolved an issue on Bookworm systems where the install failed since configs were missing.
- DietPi-Software | TigerVNC Resolved an issue on Bookworm systems where the VNC password was not set as expected since the
tigervncpasswdcommand became a dedicated DEB package
- DietPi-Software | Deluge Resolved an issue on Bookworm systems where the install failed when trying to alter the service user.
- DietPi-Software | Mosquitto Resolved an issue on Bookworm systems where the install failed. The official APT repository does not provide a Bookworm suite yet, and the Bullseye packages have Bullseye-only dependencies. On Bookworm the Debian repo packages will be installed instead now.
As always, many smaller code performance and stability improvements, visual and spelling fixes have been done, too much to list all of them here. Check out all code changes of this release on GitHub: MichaIng/DietPi!6406