November 2022 (version 8.11)¶
The November 19th, 2022 release of DietPi v8.11 comes with a new image for the NanoPi R5S, the new software option Homer and a couple of improvements and minor bug fixes.
- NanoPi R5S Our NanoPi R5S images have been updated to ship with WireGuard support and a cleaner rootfs built from scratch.
- DietPi-Software | Homer Added a simple
servERto keep your services on hand, with software ID 5. Many thanks to @t3dium for implementing this software title: MichaIng/DietPi!5833
- Quartz64 The firmware package has been updated to ship with
Linux v6.1.0-rc1and firmware for onboard WiFi, respectively the PINE64 WiFi module. Furthermore, we moved to mainline U-Boot, which solves some boot issues with certain SD card and eMMC models. You will be asked during dietpi-update whether you want to upgrade it on your system.
- NanoPi NEO3 Switched back to the again available NEO3 device tree, resolving potential hardware feature issues.
- NanoPi R2S/R4S Enabled the Ethernet status LEDs by default. Many thanks to @TheLinuxGuy for bringing up this topic: MichaIng/DietPi#5538
- DietPi-Software | Shairport Sync Updated to version 4.1 and added the option to install an AirPlay 2 ready build. The update and offer to switch to AirPlay 2 can be applied via reinstall:
dietpi-software reinstall 37
- DietPi-Software | NoMachine Bumped version to latest stable v8.1.2_1, update via reinstall:
dietpi-software reinstall 30
- DietPi-Software | HAProxy Bumped version to latest stable v2.6.6, update via reinstall:
dietpi-software reinstall 98
- DietPi-Software | Grafana For ARMv6 RPi models, RPi 1 and Zero (1), bumped version to latest stable v9.2.4, update via reinstall:
dietpi-software reinstall 77
- DietPi-Software | Grafana Updated the APT list to use the new repository: https://grafana.com/docs/grafana/latest/setup-grafana/installation/debian/#repository-migration-november-8th-2022
- DietPi-Software | Webservers The strict dependency on PHP has been removed. It is hence now possible to install any webserver via
dietpi-softwarewithout having PHP installed forcefully as well. This became required for Homer, which is a purely static web page.
- DietPi-Software | Nextcloud Re-enabled the install option for ARMv6/ARMv7 systems. The decision by Nextcloud to drop support for 32-bit systems has been reverted. Many thanks to @PaulPink for bringing up the topic: MichaIng/DietPi#5888
- DietPi-Software | Remote.It Update the product name (Remot3.it -> Remote.It), information and package to the latest and remove the old information “Weaved”.
- ROCK 3A Resolved an issue where the image wouldn’t boot because of a wrong filesystem UUID.
- Quartz64/ASUS Tinker Board | Resolved an issue where Docker and K3s failed to start on these boards because of missing BPF cgroup support. Many thanks to @am9zZWY and @sandvaer for reporting this issue: MichaIng/DietPi#5890, MichaIng/DietPi#5554
- DietPi-DDNS Resolved an issue where IPv6 was forced when if was chosen to not force any IP family. Many thanks to @champymarty for reporting this issue: MichaIng/DietPi#5830
- DietPi-Software | Navidrome Resolved an issue where on reinstalls the config was was overwritten. Many thanks to @pedrom34 for reporting this issue: MichaIng/DietPi#5840
- DietPi-Software | Home Assistant Resolved an issue where some modules didn’t work on ARMv6 and ARMv7 systems because of missing runtime libraries. Many thanks to @mail2rst and @HyperCriSiS for reporting this issue: https://dietpi.com/forum/t/after-the-update-homeassistant-mqtt-broker-integration-broken/14719, https://dietpi.com/forum/t/home-assistant-issues-after-latest-upate/14749
- DietPi-Software | Go Resolved an issue, introduced with DietPi v8.9, where the Go compiler and development tools were not added to PATH. Many thanks to @envious_jag for reporting this issue: https://dietpi.com/forum/t/installation-snowflake/6566/10
- DietPi-Software | Roon Bridge / Roon Server Resolved an issue where the download fails as Roon downloads are now hosted on a different domain. Many thanks to @net-david for reporting this issue: MichaIng/DietPi#5856
- DietPi-Software | Koel Resolved an issue where the install failed on Buster and Bullseye systems since Koel v6 requires PHP 8.0 or later.
- DietPi-Software | Deluge Resolved an issue on Bullseye and Bookworm, where Deluge by default did not listen on any port or torrent connections, since the port range feature seems to be broken. It does now listen on the single port 6882 only by default. Many thanks to @Tarrasque for reporting this issue: https://dietpi.com/forum/t/deluge-does-not-download-anything/14376
- DietPi-Software | Xfce Resolved an issue where the default desktop launchers/icons could not be executed without warning and confirmation due to missing execute bit. Many thanks to @HolgerTB for reporting this issue.
- DietPi-Software | ownCloud/Nextcloud Resolved an issue where the HSTS header was not set as expected (DietPi v7.8 regression). Many thanks to @caio1007 for reporting this issue: https://dietpi.com/forum/t/warnings-in-the-configuration-nextcloud/15002/13
As always, many smaller code performance and stability improvements, visual and spelling fixes have been done, too much to list all of them here. Check out all code changes of this release on GitHub: MichaIng/DietPi!5885