February 2022 (version 8.1)¶
The February 5th, 2022 release of DietPi v8.1 comes together with a new image for Odroid N2(+), some improvements to our drive manager and a number of enhancements and bug fixes for several software install options.
- Odroid N2 Support for Odroid N2(+) with modern mainline Linux images has been added, including proper boot configuration, serial console selection, HDMI and 3.5mm audio selection and more. Sadly existing images cannot be migrated, a new image is available for testing: MichaIng/DietPi#5039
- DietPi-Benchmark During RAM I/O benchmarks, the CPU governor is now changed to “performance” so that the result is not affected by possible CPU frequency scaling but the raw/max RAM I/O performance is measured. A significant effect of this has been recognised on Odroid N2 images with modern mainline kernel. Since the CPU benchmark is done first, this has no effect on its score and CPU temperature results.
- Btrfs subvolume mounts are now preserved in
/etc/fstab. Many thanks to @laddde for implementing this feature: MichaIng/DietPi!5176
- The Samba mount dialogues do now indicate that a hostname can be entered instead of a server IP and a shared folder path instead of a share name only.
- Btrfs subvolume mounts are now preserved in
- DietPi-Backup A notification is not printed when
rsyncdry-run to obtain required disk space is starting, since this can take a while. Many thanks to @whisdol for reporting the the impression of a hanging script: MichaIng/DietPi#5209
iptablesis now automatically configured to use either modern
nf_tablesAPI or legacy API, depending on whether
nf_tablesis supported by the kernel. This is helpful for Bullseye images with older kernel versions, where
iptablesis by default configured to use
nf_tables, which fails.
iptablesrules are now applied for IPv6 as well in all cases (for VPN servers, WiFi and Tor hotspots) via
ip6tables. This does not depend on whether IPv6 is actually enabled for interfaces, but enables general IPv6 support for affected software options. Many thanks to @vielka442 for reporting missing IPv6 support for Tor Hotspot: MichaIng/DietPi#5038
- DietPi-Software | Jellyfin For new installs, the default web interface port has been changed from 8096 to 8097 to resolve a port conflict with Emby.
- DietPi-Software | Docker/K3s The memory cgroup is now enabled as well on RPi and our new Odroid N2 image, when Docker or K3s is installed, to allow container memory usage monitoring. Many thanks to @isarrider for this request: MichaIng/DietPi#5225
- DietPi-Software | Raspotify This software option has been disabled on Debian Buster systems but enabled for ARMv8 and x86_64 systems, to match the current state of the official Raspotify APT repository.
- DietPi-Services Resolved an issue where service edits and process tool settings were not effective as they were stored to the wrong file path. Many thanks to phpBB:TopFord and phpBB:MicDG for reporting this issue: https://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=41509#p41509
- DietPi-LetsEncrypt Resolved an issue where Certbot failed on fresh Apache installs since the
000-default.confvhost by default does not contain any directive anymore. The
ServerNamedirective with the entered domain name is now added to
apache2.conf, with the benefit that it overrides the global
dietpi.conf, which uses the local IP address only.
- DietPi-Software/DietPi-AutoStart | Chromium Resolved an issue where the Chromium kiosk autostart option failed on all non-RPi systems.
- DietPi-Software | Roon Extension Manager It has been disabled for ARMv6 RPi systems where it cannot run currently. Many thanks to @JanKoudijs for applying this fix: MichaIng/DietPi!5231
- DietPi-Software | FuguHub Resolved an issue where the uninstall failed as the service was not stopped and removed as expected, before attempting to remove the service user.
- DietPi-Software | PHP Resolved an issue where the
PATHvariable was not available for PHP applications with Lighttpd and Nginx webservers. It is now set to the static value
/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin, the default PATH excluding super user executables
sbin. Many thanks to @shanew1694 for reporting a related issue with rTorrent: https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issues/5161#issuecomment-1013381362
- DietPi-Software | MineOS Resolved an issue where the install failed on Bullseye: MichaIng/DietPi#5181
- DietPi-Software | Cuberite Resolved an issue where the server failed to start on ARMv8 systems: MichaIng/DietPi#5180
- DietPi-Software | MATE Resolved an issue where the install failed when LXDE is installed already. Many thanks to @n0valis for reporting this issue: MichaIng/DietPi#5214
- DietPi-Software | Ampache Resolved an issue on Bullseye systems where Ampache v5 installs/reinstalls did not work because of a changed webroot directory: MichaIng/DietPi!5205
- DietPi-Software | OpenBazaar Since the original project has been taken down, we migrated to a fork which keeps up the marketplace for the community: MichaIng/DietPi#5213
- DietPi-Software | X.Org X Server Resolved an issue where VMs without KMS/DRM support failed to start the X server, e.g. Hyper-V. The classic framebuffer DDX is now installed when no KMS/DRM support is detected on VMs.
- DietPi-Software | Box86/Box64 Resolved an issue where the install failed when a kernel upgrade has just been done so that the
binfmt_misckernel module cannot be found for the loaded kernel.
- DietPi-Software | RPi-Monitor Resolved an issue where the CPU temperature was not shown. Many thanks to phpBB:KamikazeePL for reporting this issue: https://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=10001
- DietPi-Software | Home Assistant Resolved an issue with the latest Home Assistant version where restarting it via web interface made it remaining stopped. The fix is applied to all instances on DietPi update. Many thanks to phpBB:jchh for reporting this issue: https://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=10025
As always, many smaller code performance and stability improvements, visual and spelling fixes have been done, too much to list all of them here. Check out all code changes of this release on GitHub: MichaIng/DietPi!5229