August 2020 (version 6.32)¶
- New SBC cards supported:NanoPi NEO3 · NanoPi R2S · NanoPi K2see NanoPi series
- DietPi-Set_swapfile Added support for zram-based swap space. Use
zramas swap location to have a zram device created (persistently via
/dev/zram0and used for compressed in-memory swap space. The auto-size option
1will result in a zram size of 50% of physical RAM size, else the MiB value will be used, as long as its smaller than physical RAM size. Many thanks to @rickalm for pushing this topic with an initial implementation: #3705
- DietPi-Drive_Manager For NTFS mounts, the “big_writes” mount option is now added by default, which reduces CPU load and by this may increase performance. Many thanks to @balexandrov for suggesting this enhancement: #3330
- DietPi-Config Added selection of
schedutiland userspace CPU frequency governors.
schedutilis a modern dynamic governor which sets frequency tightly related and according to metrics of the CPU scheduling driver itself. Userspace is a no-op governor, i.e. it does not touch CPU frequencies at all which allows setting manual/custom frequencies according to own metrics or via scripts. Read more about native Linux CPU frequency scaling kernel.org - Generic scaling
- DietPi-ConfigRaspberry Pi Removed the option to switch the deprecated
config.txt. Max USB current is now enabled by default via firmware on all RPi models: #1655
- DietPi-LetsEncryptLighttpd Updated our default SSL cipher to match newer standards, still intermediate and compatible with Debian Stretch (Lighttpd v1.4.45). Additionally our config file names have been adjusted to use
lighty-enable|disable-modand priority prefixes to allow ordering own custom configs or vhosts more easily around them. Many thanks to @PanosssD for making us aware of this: #3707
- DietPi-SoftwareKomga FOSS home server for comics and mangas, now available for install as ID 179. Many thanks to @himura95 for providing the implementation: #3403
- DietPi-SoftwareJellyfin A FOSS web interface media streaming server available for install. Many thanks to all who voted for it: MichaIng/DietPi#3152
- DietPi-SoftwareAirsonic It is now available on Debian Buster systems since Java 11 support has been added. Many thanks to @linxiaopi for pointing us at the required re-evaluation: #3732
- DietPi-Software On the uninstall information prompt, the info has been added that uninstalling usually means that related userdata and configs are purged as well. Additionally
dietpi-software reinstall <ID>is mentioned now as alternative to repair/update installed software. Many thanks to @kpine for doing this request: #3550
- DietPi-SoftwarePython 3 We migrated this software selection to a Python 3 / pip3 install only, due to Python 2 being end of life since January 2020. Where possible, dependant software selections have been migrated to Python 3 builds, where not possible, Python 2 / pip2 is installed separately for now. We hope that most affected software titles will do Python 3 releases soon, otherwise we will remove them form our portfolio, at latest in spring 2021. The strongest reason for this is that next Debian Bullseye (summer 2021) will not ship Python 2 packages anymore.
- DietPi-SoftwareSABnzbd Migrated to a Python 3 based install.
- DietPi-SoftwareOctoPrint On Debian Buster and up, migrated to a Python 3 based install.
- DietPi-SoftwareWordpress Plugins can now be installed and the internal updater used OOTB without the need to manually apply correct file permissions first. Many thanks to @Joulinar for implementing this: #3720
- DietPi-SoftwareProFTPD On fresh installs, reverse DNS lookups are disabled by default now by adding
/etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf. This increases login speeds, in case dramatically, depending on reverse DNS server. Additionally file uploads can now be resumed by default via
AllowStoreRestart Onand members of the
dietpigroup have write access to uploaded files (
Umask 002) to increase OOTB compatibility with media and file sharing software. Many thanks to @bbsixzz for doing these suggestions: #3727
- DietPi-SoftwareHTPC Manager Migrated to a Python 3 compatible fork initiated by @gmiranda (HTPC-Manager/HTPC-Manager), since the previous fork stopped development. Please help test, and when possible contribute to this project to keep it alive. We’ll do minimal tests and assure the basic install and web interface works fine from Debian Stretch till Debian Bullseye.
- DietPi-Set_swapfile - Running the script without input arguments does not print the current swap file location and size anymore but will apply the settings stored in
dietpi.txt, refresh the current swap file or apply defaults as fallback. Currently active swap files can be reliably checked via
- General Resolved an issue where enabling or disabling IPv6 removed the expected symlink at
/etc/sysctl.d/99-sysctl.confwith its actual target file. This happened when using
dietpi-confignetwork options and as well during first run setup when
dietpi.txtchoices are applied. The
symlinkis recreated, if missing, on all DietPi systems with next update.
- General Resolved an external bug where the
havegedentropy daemon failed to start on some ARM boards with the current version shipped with Debian Buster. On Buster ARMv7 and ARMv8 systems, a new package from Debian Bullseye is installed with this DietPi update, which contains the upstream fix: jirka-h/haveged!7
- DietPi-Benchmark Resolved an issue where file system benchmarks failed. Many thanks to @dbambus for reporting this issue: #3672
- DietPi-Config Resolved an issue where RPi onboard Bluetooth is attempted to be enabled on RPi models without onboard Bluetooth. On those models, now only the generic Bluetooth packages and services are installed and enabled. Many thanks to @TASSDevon for reporting this issue: #3611
- DietPi-SoftwareNode.js Resolved an issue where the installer internet connection check fails due to new nodejs.org HTTPS redirection. For now we use our own fork.
- DietPi-SoftwareHTPC Manager Resolved an issue where install failed due to missing build-essential dependency.
- DietPi-SoftwareHTPC Manager Resolved an issue where the internal updater failed due to missing git meta files.
- DietPi-SoftwareEmonPi Resolved a failing primary UART activation on install.
- DietPi-SoftwarePHP Resolved an issue where on pre-v6.23 systems the PHP upgrade from v7.0/7.1 to v7.2/7.3 did not work as expected. Many thanks to @illusive-c for reporting this issue: #3670
- DietPi-SoftwareXfce Resolved an issue where the install and autostart of
xcompmgrcomposition manager broke the
xfwm4internal one, leading to ineffective appearance settings and black borders around windows in certain circumstances. Many thanks to @TamaTamaGoGo for reporting this issue: #3665
- DietPi-SoftwarePi-hole Resolved an issue with Apache webserver, where CORS check failed if the Referrer-Policy header has been set to “no-referrer”. If this is the case, the Pi-hole Apache config now sets it to the second strict “same-origin”, which does not break the Pi-hole admin panel. Many thanks to @Phil1988 for reporting this issue: #3675
- DietPi-SoftwareqBittorrent Resolved an issue where setting the web UI port via config file or UI is overridden by the service file command option. Many thanks to @linxiaopi for reporting this issue: #3660
- DietPi-SoftwareFail2Ban Resolved an issue where
sshdfilter modes could not be set via jail config since the variable was not passed. Many thanks to @Darwolia for reporting this issue: #3697
- DietPi-SoftwareCuberite Resolved an install issue due to changed download URL and worked around a startup issue on RPi 1/Zero models since Cuberite dropped ARMv6 support. Many thanks to @CactiChameleon9 for providing compatible binaries: #3664
As always, many smaller code performance and stability improvements, visual and spelling fixes have been done, too much to list all of them here. Check out all code changes of this release on GitHub.