Waveshare 3.5" LCD panel white

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.

Waveshare 3.5" LCD panel white

Postby beethoven » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:21 am

Hello everybody, many thanks for the great job done, it is a wonderfull OS, easy to install , configure and manage!
I have troubles in getting the waveshare LCD panel 3.5" (A) working. I would like to have cloudshell output there.
I tried with the image coming on the DVD together with the panel, and it is working, displaying and touch input working .
Now installed dietpi, tried to enable the waveshare plugin, select dietpi shell resolution, result white LCD. Tried to uninstall the plugin and install teh driver tar.gz coming on DVD, white LCD panel, tried downloading latest driver version and install it, still white LCD panel. Outout is going on HDMI (where I see cloushell working), when waveshare plugin enabled I see some output on HDMI (not very readable because of low resolution) but no cloudshell, I see up to a [OK]....
Is it 3.5" supported? Not able to find 3.2"...
Is there any test I can do, file I can edit manually or any other trial I can do in order to make it work?
Please give me some suggestion, if any, because I do not have anything else in mind to try.
Many thanks for attention and help!

UPDATE: Up to now made different tests, the only way to make this LCD work is to use the original raspbian patched ditribution coming in the DVD together, if I update the OS it is not working also installing the driver from the DVD or downloaded latest version form internet.
I do not know if it can help, on the LCD back is written
3.5inch RPi LCD (A) (and then waveshare logo)
320x480 Pixel
XPT2046 Touch Controller
Rev 4.0
beethoven

Re: Waveshare 3.5" LCD panel white

Postby catsinheat » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:07 pm

I feel you. My RPIZero running native raspberry pi Jessie can run my 4-inch Waveshare but my RPI2b running Dietpi can't. The difference is that Dietpi uses waveshare32b and my RPIZero uses waveshare35a. I can't find a way for Dietpi to change the default driver!
catsinheat

Return to Troubleshooting